PDA

View Full Version : Where does Yahoo! Mail store my incoming emails and why?

Carrier
8th Jan 2018, 16:45
Over many years Yahoo Mail was a reliable email service. It worked well in different continents. Regardless of hacking and other issues, last year it deteriorated and became unreliable.

I receive passenger sheets as email attachments the night before. They are sent by Dispatch at about 19h00. This worked fine until last year. Then a number of times the sheets failed to arrive. On calling Dispatch, each time it was confirmed that the sheets had been emailed on time but I had not received them. A second email was immediately sent but it also often failed to arrive that evening. Usually the emails arrived many hours later, sometimes only the next morning - too late to be of use. Some emails just never arrived.

An example was on 19 December. The email with sheets for 20 Dec did not arrive. I called at about 23h00 and was advised that the email was sent at the usual time. Dispatch then sent a second email. Neither had arrived at 23h30 when I called Dispatch again. A third email was then sent to my Tutanota email address. It was in my Tutanota Inbox when I opened it straight after ending the call to Dispatch. I was then able to plan the next day’s activity and get to bed.

When I departed the next morning neither of the emails sent to my Yahoo Mail address had arrived. When I arrived home that evening one of the emails was in the Yahoo Inbox. The other has never arrived.

I now use Tutanota exclusively. Yahoo’s email service is unreliable and is not fit for use for business or work.

Why is there this problem with Yahoo Mail? I ask here because a couple of times I sent letters regarding problems to Marissa Mayer, then Yahoo’s CEO, but I never received a response and the problems continued.

It would be interesting to know why Yahoo Mail has this unreliability problem and why Yahoo’s management fails to correct it.

MG23
8th Jan 2018, 18:08
Dunno about incoming, but I've found Yahoo mail has become extremely unreliable for outgoing mail. My girlfriend used to use it, but emails to me would be delayed by an hour for no apparent reason. Now she uses hotmail instead.

boguing
8th Jan 2018, 19:48
Yahoo has had, and still has a number of problems, but mail not arriving is a little unusual.

Have you checked your junk mail folder to see if Yahoo has decided that you don't need to worry about your passengers? The wrong combination of words in the header might cause it to fail screening.

Avtrician
9th Jan 2018, 06:53
How were you accessing the emails, by webmail or using outlook (etc).

If by webmail, then the incoming email may have been held up in the outgoing server or incoming server.

Wemail stores the email on the Yahoo server, outlook (and similar) download to your computer.