PDA

View Full Version : Heli Down in the Province

CrabInCab
19th Jul 2002, 21:22
From UTV website:

Both the pilot and passenger were treated in hospital for shock and injuries, which an army spokesman said were not serious.

The Gazelle helicopter ditched in shallow water some 200 metres offshore near the Ballykelly security forces base in County Londonderry.

The emergency happened at 5.40am when the helicopter was leaving the base on a routine flight.

"There is no suggestion of terrorist action in connection with the incident," said an army statement.

It added: "The cause of the accident is not known and a GB-based Air Accident Investigation Team has been flown to the scene."

Pprune must be losing it's touch, well over 12 hrs and no post on the forum!! Glad all are well.

CrabInCab
20th Jul 2002, 10:43
Arsse, I would suggest that your Shhhhh would be better directed at UTV and BBC NI which have given this significant air time already!

BOMBS
21st Jul 2002, 21:52
Dear Crow in cab,
You realy are a CROW aren't you!!!!!!!:o

Dunhovrin
22nd Jul 2002, 15:06
At least he can spel.;)

qmark
23rd Jul 2002, 20:07
Rumour has it, the crew were not authorised for this flight !!!
Decided to go on a jolly - something about flying under a bridge ?
Sounds fishy to me
Excuse the pun !!!

Sloppy Link
23rd Jul 2002, 20:16
That sort of thing should not be said even in jest.
Wait until someone who doesn't react to rumours tell us what happened and, then, and only then, start your own rumours if that is your childish whim.

helidriver
23rd Jul 2002, 21:24
qmark,

how dare you use supposition on this forum. i bet you don't know the crew or the difficult job performed by that squadron. if want to get personal then e-mail me and i'll meet you in person to "discuss" the matter further !!!

angry regards,

:mad: helidriver

owe ver chute
23rd Jul 2002, 21:57
Helidriver, I've read some 5h1te in my time, but even for a sloppy jock you have surpassed, with ease, what the majority of reader's on this forum would call 5h1te.
"if want to get personal then e-mail me and i'll meet you in person to "discuss" the matter further !!!"...... What are you gonna do Helidriver? Slap him with yer pitot cover? Grow up.
This forum is for rumour, if you don't like it, then don't read it and certainly don't rise to it. You have knocked Gazelle drivers for six when it comes to "cred" on this forum. When you say you have 1200 hrs on type are they difficult 5 Regt hours? Doing the difficult job that your squadron undertakes? Or have you accumulated a few hours on another squadron doing a really easy job with few resources and even fewer flying hours but lots of none flying related bull5h1t jobs handed down by some ground waller who hates aircrew? Especially sloppy drivers!!!

Sloppy link what is the point of starting rumours when the truth and facts are on the street? It has long been the way of aviators never to let the truth get in the way of a good story.

qmark, where did you hear that the crew were not auth'd?

Yours chuckling OVC:D

qmark
31st Jul 2002, 19:50
interesting !
emailed the mouthpiece and as yet no reply - maybe if he feels confident still he can refute my rumour - don't think so some how - sure they do a hard job - the profesional ones amongst them, shame some people let the majority down

Talk Reaction
31st Jul 2002, 22:48
Heated words here, none the less, ridiculous accusation. Regardless of what anybody's job entails or how much "harder mine is than yours" I happily bet the mortgage that there aren't any unauthorised jollys going on these days, if ever there were. anyway more important matters, the army need to get a checkpoint on that bridge ASAP - can't believe we didn't notice it for so long.....

Alfie Stenloop
1st Aug 2002, 17:17
All I have to say is best wishes and a speedy recovery to the A/C driver, good to hear that you are OK

Cheers and all the best!!