PDA

View Full Version : ATO Software with add-ons

Duchess_Driver
4th Jan 2018, 15:05
There have been many posts on this subject over the years, but nothing really relevant recently.

Seen TALON and FLIGHTLOGGER - neither of which meet my new bosses requirements. Seen many US based systems that come close but are, well, American so...

What are others using to manage bookings/rentals/training records?

Really reluctant to move away from 'paper and pen' version 1.

WASALOADIE
4th Jan 2018, 20:29
I worked for an ATO until 2 1/2 years ago as the DCTKI. We used flightlogger. Personally, it was a revelation. It is a stable platform and was suitably tailored for our needs. The school I was working for is still using it. You training syllabus, records, documents and much more can be held. They use multiple servers in differing locations, giving redundancy and ensuring total web based availability.
Once your team are competent in it's use, programming, record keeping, attendance, exam results, student records including electronic document storage and much more are easy to keep. Printed copies are easy to do. The CAA inspectors when carrying out our inspection were very happy with the way records were kept and availability on or offline.

The flightlogger team came over to UK and conducted training and were always swift in replying to queries. The gave excellent support.

Certain elements are able to be tailored by the ATO themselves and the flightlogger team will provide full assistance in setting up your ATO profile.

I can recommend the product.

Duchess_Driver
5th Jan 2018, 06:33
Thanks, have seen it and sat through the presentation but there were several bits of our business that it didn’t go near and large bits which were cumbersome in use. Yes, the bits where it matched were OK but....just seeing what else could be out there.

antonioalh
5th Jan 2018, 12:36
Over here most of the schools use this program called SIEPA. The software provides fleet management, notifications, flight training records, the possibility to upload documentation, Android and iOS integration, rostering, automatic duty time limitations for flight instructors, etc. It is also approved by AESA and the have a back up shedule for the whole system every 3h or so. With this software I think more than one ATO is now paperless, even though you can print everything out. I think they will offer you a demo for free, and will make an offer based on your needs and size (fleet and people). It is developed by EDASnet if I don’t remember bad.

I don’t have any affiliation with these people, I was the flight instructor that was asked to try and digitize our whole operations in my ATO.

TheOddOne
5th Jan 2018, 16:19
Hi DD,
Happy New Year.
At a small RTF, we're just trialling Shlott against Flight Ops Pro. The latter is the offering via Pooley's whereas I found the former on-line. I've signed up for a month's worth of Shlott pro to get more features. I found Flight Ops Pro a bit clunky and not immediately configurable for the way we work so won't go beyond the month free trial. I don't think Shlott supports document storage sufficient to the needs of an ATO but as a RTF we're keeping to paper student records, invoicing, aircraft tech log etc. What we really needed was an on-line system that coped with 3 regular aircraft and our simulator, 4 instructors, trial lessons and our ever-changing population of students, not forgetting Club member hirers. Shlott seems to fit the bill, at the moment. We'll keep the paper, pencil and all-important eraser going for the time being, but it's great to log in over breakfast to see what we're supposed to be doing for the day...

TOO

Helichap
30th Jan 2018, 12:18
We use Flight Ops Pro and find it really good, We initially signed up for a Free trial then spoke to support and they set us up within hours and conducted some training on the platform. Not trying to plug them, but I really like Flight Ops Pro and find it to be one of the best I have seen and recommend to all.. We trialled Schlott but found it did not offer as many features as FOP. We find it really easy to use and not Clunky at all? it also does some really impressive things in the background like sms reminders and passengers manifests. We are a small FTO and Charted company and it suits us perfectly.