PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about Air Macau

abohada
3rd Jan 2018, 12:29
Hi everyone, anybody have experience flying for Air Macau? Info about the Roster, line check, sims, pay, lifestyle.

Atrboeingairbus
7th Jan 2018, 03:00
The company still hiring, specially DEC. Usually you will get 5/2 or 5/1/5/2 (this one if you apply for the reduced days off) and there are 2 options for commuting. Most of the flights are turnaround, and you can expect a few stdby days as well.

You have 21 working days as annual leave, and the company pays for your and your family tickets in economy. The company is small so everyone knows everyone and most of the guys are quite ok to fly with, but there are a few exceptions like everywhere. Another point is that the training is long, expect to start flying after around 4-6 months only and another 2-3 months of line training.

Macau is quite ok to live and there more expats coming to the city everyday, what make the things better. In all the ways, is so much better than mainland to live.

abohada
7th Jan 2018, 13:10
Thanks for the info Cap, do you know if the training takes the same time for Type Rated Pilots as for NTR?

speedtrend
7th Jan 2018, 17:14
What are the T&Cs for A320 Captains? How is the medical? Average monthly salary? Roster? Do you get paid while on training?

Atrboeingairbus
12th Jan 2018, 02:42
Thanks for the info Cap, do you know if the training takes the same time for Type Rated Pilots as for NTR?
For TR expect around 4-6 months before released.

Atrboeingairbus
12th Jan 2018, 02:47
What are the T&Cs for A320 Captains? How is the medical? Average monthly salary? Roster? Do you get paid while on training?
Medical is quite simple, more like HK than like China. The guys are making above 16k usd/month, during training they pay hotel accommodation (you can request the house allowance and release the hotel) and a fix salary till released on line, it's around 8k usd. Roster as mentioned on the other post above, expect more than 80hrs/month.

Luibar
13th Jan 2018, 23:00
The guys are making above 16k usd/month

This is close to MOP128000 per month. Is it gross or net pay?

noflow
22nd Jan 2018, 02:07
Any idea what the age limit is for NTR candidates?

Zaphod Beblebrox
27th Feb 2018, 16:44
I believe this company is advertising in the US but without disclosure of the company name. I am flying the Bus for a US major and will retire (age 65) this year. Most adds for this part of the world want 55 max but I don't see any age limit here. The advert says nothing about a maximum age.

Any one know if that's the case? What are the working conditions like?

speedtrend
27th Feb 2018, 21:16
I believe this company is advertising in the US but without disclosure of the company name. I am flying the Bus for a US major and will retire (age 65) this year. Most adds for this part of the world want 55 max but I don't see any age limit here. The advert says nothing about a maximum age.

Any one know if that's the case? What are the working conditions like?

Should be age 59 or younger at the time ot application

EagleA25
28th Feb 2018, 12:40
I was offered the Air Macau Contract and rejected it; it has VERY little to offer but a mediocre pay and no real roster option.
I disregarded it as quickly as I did the Al-Jazeera Airlines offer to live in the Kuwaiti Desert for a bottle of water...

Pajarito
7th Aug 2018, 19:10
Hello everyone, do you guys know if they are hiring female pilots??

Thanks and happy landings!

Luibar
7th Aug 2018, 23:46
I think they have at least 2 female pilots.

pineteam
8th Aug 2018, 03:48
I think they have at least 2 female pilots.

Yes. 2 at the moment. Both joined as Non Type Rated First Officer.

dragoon17c
10th Aug 2018, 17:38
Yes. 2 at the moment. Both joined as Non Type Rated First Officer.
Next year will be 3, one from cadet program

Pajarito
20th Aug 2018, 01:59
Amazing news you guys, many thanks!
Good landings to all

gustavowolf
31st Aug 2018, 19:34
Hello, Does anyone have information about the interview ? Is this written test a normal ATPL or chinese ATPL? Any information about the simulator test?

Thank you guys.

Atrboeingairbus
1st Sep 2018, 05:07
For the screening here: the atpl test is pretty basic, mostly perfomance questions, no big deal.

For the sim, as NTR, expect to start at the thr, quick briefing, take-off, vectors to ILS Z RWY34, hand flown but with fd, they give you time for a very quick briefing during the vectors. Reposition at thr, take off and visual traffic pattern for rwy34 (traffic is done to the right). Reposition again for take off, eng out at v1, rotate, ask for ecam actions (the pm will do that quickly or just inform you that it's completed), vectors again, you can transfer controls and do a quick briefing again, intercept ILS 34, hand flown without FD but bird is available, single engine go around at minimums, ap will become available and they will give you vectors to intercept VOR Rwy34, you can use track/fpa to make things easier, single engine landing.

They won't give you any feedback, but you will receive an email about 1 hour later giving you the results.

Honestly, the sim is quite ok, but I recommend you to do a sim session (dont need to be a full motion sim) back at home. They don't want any airbus standard but CRM and flying skills.

gustavowolf
5th Sep 2018, 16:33
Atrboeingairbus ,

Thank you so much for all answer! You help me a lot.

have a good flight.

Gerardojmartinezs
10th Sep 2018, 22:28
Hello guys someone know how does the Screening? What kind of question? And where can I looking for a guide to study, Air macau sent me the invitation letter I want to know how to do for study. And something about the salary as first Officer please. Many thanks guys.

Gerardojmartinezs
10th Sep 2018, 22:46
[QUOTE=gustavowolf;10238404]Hello, Does anyone have information about the interview ? Is this written test a normal ATPL or chinese ATPL? Any information about the simulator test?

Thank you guys.

Atrboeingairbus
12th Sep 2018, 12:44
Hello guys someone know how does the Screening? What kind of question? And where can I looking for a guide to study, Air macau sent me the invitation letter I want to know how to do for study. And something about the salary as first Officer please. Many thanks guys.
Salary NTR FO after released, expect around 6-7.5k USD, during training it's 3.5k plus house allowance or you can stay at the hotel if you prefer. The other answers are in the post above, dont worry about the atpl test.

Oddball77
12th Sep 2018, 14:48
Right now I'd go to HKA or HKE instead, they have a normal bond of 36 months reducing pro rata. At AMU it's 50k USD (5 years) regardless if you leave one month after sign off or four years and eleven months.

gustavowolf
12th Sep 2018, 23:49
Salary NTR FO after released, expect around 6-7.5k USD, during training it's 3.5k plus house allowance or you can stay at the hotel if you prefer. The other answers are in the post above, dont worry about the atpl test.
One question, Does ATPL is written or multiple choice?

gustavowolf
12th Sep 2018, 23:50

7k USD plus house allowance?

thank you again.

Atrboeingairbus
13th Sep 2018, 01:34
7k USD plus house allowance?

thank you again.
No, 7k including all the allowances.

gustavowolf
13th Sep 2018, 01:39
No, 7k including all the allowances.

Thank you, I sent you a private message.

See you.

Luibar
8th Nov 2018, 14:19
Heard recently that Air Macau is struggling to retain pilots and to attract qualified pilots, especially captains, hence CAE advertising for NTR. Also, from the same source, expansion is seriously compromised due to the lack of pilots which made the company to review the terms and conditions. Anyone can confirm is it so, or just rumour...

bombinha
19th Nov 2018, 16:51
Heard recently that Air Macau is struggling to retain pilots and to attract qualified pilots, especially captains, hence CAE advertising for NTR. Also, from the same source, expansion is seriously compromised due to the lack of pilots which made the company to review the terms and conditions. Anyone can confirm is it so, or just rumour...

Any feedback on this?

Luibar
22nd Nov 2018, 12:05
Yes, it would be interesting to have a feedback on that. It was second hand information, so don't really know how reliable it is.

safelife
22nd Nov 2018, 13:34
I flew all across China to regional airports and wherever I went, Air Macau was already there.
Rather than joining them as a captain I'd join a Chinese company instead. Same peofile, more money, and 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off.
Means live where you want to.

a32O
29th Dec 2018, 14:35
Hi. 16k for a captain pretty great money!! Is the Macau so expensive as HKG, I meen housing, food, transport and other service???

Flying hiiigh
9th Mar 2019, 15:36
Hi guys,

Just want to know more about the roster of Air Macau
Seems most of the flights are short/medium haul.

How often do the pilots stay overnight in other cities?
Do the pilots stay in macau more often or in other cities more often?
Thanks guys!

Atrboeingairbus
11th Mar 2019, 18:24
Hi guys,

Just want to know more about the roster of Air Macau
Seems most of the flights are short/medium haul.

How often do the pilots stay overnight in other cities?
Do the pilots stay in macau more often or in other cities more often?
Thanks guys!
Roster is mostly turn arounds including early mornings, during day and a few late flights as well... you may expect around 4 layovers per month, current layovers are ICN, SHA, PEK, HGH and TPE, most of them are almost minimum rest and back to Macau and usually one of the 2 days will include 3 sectors.

Flying hiiigh
12th Mar 2019, 02:23
Roster is mostly turn arounds including early mornings, during day and a few late flights as well... you may expect around 4 layovers per month, current layovers are ICN, SHA, PEK, HGH and TPE, most of them are almost minimum rest and back to Macau and usually one of the 2 days will include 3 sectors.

Thanks for your detail answer! Appreciate!

enderos
14th Mar 2019, 01:24
Hello, I sent you a private and email.

---------------------------------------------

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Blohm
18th Mar 2019, 14:33
What are the T&Cs for A320 Captains? How is the medical? Average monthly salary? Roster? Do you get paid while on training?'while on training'? ELP...

Blohm
18th Mar 2019, 14:35
Amazing news you guys, many thanks!
Good landings to alldo you know anyone over there?

Blohm
18th Mar 2019, 14:41
One question, Does ATPL is written or multiple choice?English does is good...

Blohm
18th Mar 2019, 14:42
Hi. 16k for a captain pretty great money!! Is the Macau so expensive as HKG, I meen housing, food, transport and other service???I don't know. Mainly because I do not understand you. But I am sure most others will.

Rizla2019
29th Jun 2019, 07:40
Any infos about upgrade?

Who stole my meds
30th Jul 2019, 15:28
Yes there is a training bond (50K USD for FO, 30K for Captains).
Yes people have had to pay it back & some who didn't pay up were threatened with court action.

NotHere
31st Jul 2019, 17:44
Right now I'd go to HKA or HKE instead, they have a normal bond of 36 months reducing pro rata. At AMU it's 50k USD (5 years) regardless if you leave one month after sign off or four years and eleven months.

Absolutely with HKA/HKC as no bond required. Major expansion around the corner with new cash rich investors......:D:):ok:

Jimmy The Big Greek
2nd Aug 2019, 12:25
How is the medical check? Chinese style or FAA, also how is the cost of living. Can a family with children live comfortably?

would appreciate if someone can send me more info regarding the ATPL written.

Hifly72
7th Jul 2023, 13:19
Any recent update about air macau hiring? Have anyone got invitation recently?

Hifly72
8th Jul 2023, 17:06
The company still hiring, specially DEC. Usually you will get 5/2 or 5/1/5/2 (this one if you apply for the reduced days off) and there are 2 options for commuting. Most of the flights are turnaround, and you can expect a few stdby days as well.

You have 21 working days as annual leave, and the company pays for your and your family tickets in economy. The company is small so everyone knows everyone and most of the guys are quite ok to fly with, but there are a few exceptions like everywhere. Another point is that the training is long, expect to start flying after around 4-6 months only and another 2-3 months of line training.

Macau is quite ok to live and there more expats coming to the city everyday, what make the things better. In all the ways, is so much better than mainland to live.
hi please check your dm

ayoterbang
11th Jul 2023, 14:22
Any recent update about air macau hiring? Have anyone got invitation recently?
Me Not yet, Have you???

Hifly72
11th Jul 2023, 16:13
Me Not yet, Have you???
been a month nothing yet. When did you applied? And what’s your experiences?

ayoterbang
12th Jul 2023, 10:01
me too, I have applied for month or two. but I filled up again the form three days ago (just trying luck). I have 3000hous as FO A320.

ayoterbang
12th Jul 2023, 10:20
I applied one or two month and nothing yet as well as you. but again i filled up the form three days a go (just a try). i have a320 with 3500hrs and 1200hrs twin otter.

Rie
12th Jul 2023, 20:33
I’m surprised no one is assuming about the blue card and what happened to the boys that held it over covid… UO is next door with the same type and doesn’t have the intricacies that AMU has in regards to residency.

JMSA_PILOT
21st Jul 2023, 09:37
Avoid. You will be treated as a second class citizen by the GOV with a blue card that can be cut in 7 days. Money is low and conditions are bad.
expect to spend 1 month out of base in TFU working for Air China with salary perdiem thats not even enough to pay your bills.
People leaving every month from junior to super senior.
Roster is almost daily.
have fun

ayoterbang
23rd Jul 2023, 07:26
Avoid. You will be treated as a second class citizen by the GOV with a blue card that can be cut in 7 days. Money is low and conditions are bad.
expect to spend 1 month out of base in TFU working for Air China with salary perdiem thats not even enough to pay your bills.
People leaving every month from junior to super senior.
Roster is almost daily.
have fun

Thanks for your share sir. appreciated

maplestory
5th Aug 2023, 13:23
thank you

AboveMSA1123
1st Oct 2023, 02:55
anyone successfully completed all the recruitment process? what are the current package now? is there any child education allowance? I saw someone posting Capt taking home 16k USD but some posting FO as 7k USD. That's a big difference. Wondering if there is a new package?