PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Adjustment Screws

Gustlocker
3rd Jan 2018, 09:16
Hi all,

I’m not an engineer, but enjoy learning and finding the answers to obscure questions. The engineers at work have cottoned onto this and now and again will give me bizarre, technical things to try and find out. My quest this week is ‘What are the purposes of the three adjustment screws referred to by single-letter names (eg. ‘Adjustment Screw N’) in a Garrett engine?’.

I’ve spent hours googling the bloody thing every which way I can think of, and am wondering if the information isn’t only available in the official maintenance manuals.

So as I’m not willing to shell out $200 just for the glory of finding it myself, can anyone either a) tell me what the bloody screws are for, or b) give me a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

easaman
3rd Jan 2018, 15:59
Normally in a maintenance manual you have got a page with a picture, for instance of a fuel control. On this picture are important parts pointed out by letters or numbers.
It looks like your adjustment screw "N" refers to this picture!
I hope this helps!
easaman

dixi188
4th Jan 2018, 07:21
Are you talking about the Garrett TPE 331 and if so which govenor type?
Woodward or Bendix?
I used to work these about 30+ years ago, but can't remember the adjustments, I probably have training notes somewhere.

sph33r
4th Jan 2018, 14:09
I'm currently doing my B2 OJT at a company that flies three of these, according to the manual it is X = high RPM adjustment, W = Prop Governor reset, V = Underspeed Governor reset...