PDA

View Full Version : Faa Atpl to UAE Atpl

Aviafly350
1st Jan 2018, 16:48
Hello, and the Best for All of you for 2018.
Do anybody know the procedure to obtain if possible the equivalent of an Faa Atpl in UAE ?
Thanks and good Landing.

Airbubba
2nd Jan 2018, 02:55
Not totally sure which way you want to convert but from the thread title I converted an FAA ATP to a UAE ATPL years ago with little effort.

Seems like I took a written test with air law questions like lighting requirements for tethered balloons after civil twilight. The technical exam was British style with relevant operational questions like 'what is the color of the light in the laser gyros?'

Maybe I had to make three landings in an A6 registered airliner for the license to take effect.

I got a little green booklet with a bookmark string, a passport picture in uniform and a lot of little stamps and signatures for base check, emergency check, instrument check etc. The signatures had different expiration dates from the checks as I recall. And the whole license had an expiration date like a passport.

The UAE license was a nice conversation piece at a subsequent job interview back in the States. The booklet has long been expired and I haven't seen it for years, it's probably in a drawer or briefcase somewhere.

I'm sure someone has more recent experience on the subject but for me years ago the process was very easy by Middle East bureaucratic standards. :ok:

flaps78
2nd Jan 2018, 02:58
Why don't you Google it. All of the information is on the GCAA website.

Aviafly350
4th Jan 2018, 14:34
Thanks both for the answers.