PDA

View Full Version : Happy new year everyone!

flash8
31st Dec 2017, 17:30
I joined when I were a mere young man full of energy... the years passed and I am now an old fart... but still on PPRune... many have fallen by the wayside.... Danny, 411A, Rainboe, Slasher to name a few... some gladly gone ("The Guv")....

Wonder if I reach 80 I'll still be here... what a life... but still... I wish everyone a good year!

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
31st Dec 2017, 18:08
Nicely put flash8. I haven't been around all that long but hope to be here for many years to come.

Happy New Year to all !

NEO

Alycidon
31st Dec 2017, 19:05
happy 2018, out with the old....

Quake
31st Dec 2017, 22:08
Av a good un, for tommorrow............................................:eek:

.............................will be just like today (just with a hangover) :ok:

broadreach
31st Dec 2017, 22:28
Keep it up, Flash8. Old fart, indeed, effin whippersnapper, wet behind the ears and with the best of your life still ahead.

Best wishes for a good 2018 from a wet but warm Sao Paulo.

Broadreach

Pace
31st Dec 2017, 22:33
There is always trepidation with a new year as not only does it make you think of the good things ahead but the bad
Not just new beginnings but endings too and of course the unexpected we have no control
Over
So we can only wish for positives but accept negatives have an equal status
Even the negatives although unpleasant at the time can be a power for change to a positive

2018 brings with it much uncertainty more than normal and that makes me look at the end of 2018 rather than the beginning ?

galaxy flyer
31st Dec 2017, 22:38
Con-pilot, aka Alec Caudell was a fine gentleman, aviator and notably erudite Ppruner. His widow posted this on Facebook asking for American Cancer Society donations.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/105911593544910/

Mods, please move, if this is more apporpriate elsewhere.

G-CPTN
31st Dec 2017, 23:02
https://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000204938556-1fwtyy-t500x500.jpg

Con-pilot.

meadowrun
31st Dec 2017, 23:19
I see Liverpool car salesmen have been handed a large New Year's present.

Capn Notarious
1st Jan 2018, 00:03
Morning all and a very contented new year to all the readers.

B Fraser
1st Jan 2018, 01:23
Con-pilot, aka Alec Caudell was a fine gentleman, aviator and notably erudite Ppruner

Seconded. We conversed over the airwaves and I helped in a small way to arrange some fun during his trip to Ireland. Happy landings old boy.

scubawasp
1st Jan 2018, 04:23
Happy New Year, one and all!

ImageGear
1st Jan 2018, 06:57
Looking forward to a great New Year for everyone I know and for those I don't, I still wish them the very best of what life has to offer.

Imagegear

Pinky the pilot
1st Jan 2018, 09:51
To those for whom 2017 was a lousy year; May 2018 be totally the reverse!

I pray to the Almighty that this will be so.

Con-pilot, aka Alec Caudell was a fine gentleman, aviator and notably erudite Ppruner

Thirded! I had hoped that one day we would share a bottle of single Malt, on a South Aussie Summer's day; ie if it was around 40C 'in the waterbag' we would have a small block of ice in the glass of Scotch.

Sadly, it 'aint gunna happen now.:sad:

funfly
1st Jan 2018, 23:21
Wonder if I reach 80 I'll still be here... what a life... but still... I wish everyone a good year!
Well I hope I make it as well.

Happy 2018 to fellow Pruners, 2017 was a piss poor year for me and I'm glad it's over.

FF

treadigraph
2nd Jan 2018, 08:04
Happy New Year! And here's to absent friends...

meadowrun
2nd Jan 2018, 11:28
I cannot remember going into a New Year before (even height of the Cold War), where almost all the projections for international affairs are gloomy if not totally dismal.

goudie
2nd Jan 2018, 11:45
Really happy to see the back of 2017. Hoping 2018 will be better but last year's experiences demonstrated that we have little or no idea what the future holds.

funfly
2nd Jan 2018, 16:54
Meadowrun,

I have the distinct impression that there are only a few of us left with any bloody sense at all, and I'm not even too sure about me!

Never mind, we're all united in the 'Prune home for old people'. Matron will look after us.

Pinky the pilot
3rd Jan 2018, 09:02
Matron will look after us.

Said no doubt, in your best Kenneth Williams, Carry On movies voice!:E:D

Loose rivets
3rd Jan 2018, 23:25
Oooo, ooooh. Will she be wearing that crisply starched uniform - with nothing on underneath?

Merry . . . whatever. :}

1.75 years till 80. Eeee by gum.

funfly
4th Jan 2018, 14:41
Loose, I’m managing to keep ahead of you.
I have noticed that my nuclear button gets smaller as it gets older.
Politics today seems to be “My funny hairstyle is bigger than your funny hairstyle”
Watched ‘The minaturist’ last week, must watch it again, this time I will try to look at her face!

ExSp33db1rd
5th Jan 2018, 06:43
I don't believe it - 5th January and our local Supermarket are selling .... wait for it .....
Hot Cross Buns !

The Inmates are surely running the Asylum ?

G-CPTN
5th Jan 2018, 07:18
I don't believe it - 5th January and our local Supermarket are selling .... wait for it .....
Hot Cross Buns !

But what year are you in?

Isn't NZ renowned for being somewhat 'behind times'?

I found it somewhat quaint . . .

treadigraph
5th Jan 2018, 07:58
My local mini Sainsbury is advertising Cadbury's Creme Eggs.

As a friend said last night - "can't they at least wait for Valentines Day to be out of the way..."

Cornish Jack
5th Jan 2018, 12:05
Having just passed the 82nd of these 'celebrations', I have some difficulty finding the novelty value anywhere. It's really just more of the same - the same self-regarding, self-promoting numpties running the show and relying on repetitive apologies (or self-hyped plaudits) for their demonstrated incompetence. This may sound depressing but it's just accepting the way things are and that there is little to suggest an improvement over the horizon. One hopes that there will be individual high spots to raise the spirits but the 'big picture' seems to be populated by the most extraordinary collection of 'wazzocks'.
:ugh::mad::ugh::mad: Meaningless rants, such as the above, are meat and drink to we old farts!!