PDA

View Full Version : JAA - Whats it all about alfie?

gus_honeybun
19th Jul 2002, 14:47
Stop me if I start to ramble on, but..... and it's a big butt :D

According to the JAA web site, there are 36 member counties, with 25 full members all signed up and paying their subs. Now, my understanding ( cue muppit like statement --> ) is that a PPL gain in flippin' Romania takes exactly the same demonstrated skill and knowledge as one gain in Austria or Norway. Same goes for any rating or licence. So, again this is my understanding, is that you could do a PPL in Ireland, CPL in Hungary and finish off with an IR in malta. With all other member states recognising the licence and rating, because, hey! we're all one big family now

Or has my derriere developed the power of speech.

Yours

Confused

Wibbly P
19th Jul 2002, 14:59
Yep that's pretty much it.

But there are only 13 states approved for JAR-FCL1 (Aeroplanes)

UK, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, France, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Malta, Ireland and Norway

Thus you can do training for Licences and ratings in all of those countries.

But if you do your CPL in Malta it will have to be the Malteasers who issue that Chocolaty Licence

Wibbly P

Stratocaster
19th Jul 2002, 15:08
I think that, unfortunately, things are not that easy. You have to finish your training with the same CAA you started it and passed your medical.

Even if the JAA is pretty much a "standartized standard" every country might have it's little differences and a different interpretation of the regulations.

I don't have the JAR-FCL reference here, sorry for being so vague, but this has been a helluva week and I got a brain like glue tonight.
:)

gus_honeybun
19th Jul 2002, 16:41
following on from my initial tractate, i should have done a bit more web-surfing before diving straight into pprune.

this maybe of use to anybody looking for an FTO in europe.

http://www.jaa.nl/licensing/FTO.pdf

biped
19th Jul 2002, 18:30
When you have the JAA(sorry to swear Gorky) licence, is it only the above 13 member states whose a/c you can operate, or do other states accept it without any other endorsements etc?