PDA

View Full Version : CTWO-WTF?

EKamActions
28th Dec 2017, 08:55
A new day, a new FCI about how to brief.

Here's my new threat-based briefing:

"Ok Bob, our biggest threat for this approach is the briefing itself and the new mini brief. To mitigate this threat, there will be no more briefings (apart from what was already briefed). Any questions?"

Done.

sealear
28th Dec 2017, 15:13
I agree, they can shove their briefings

motojet
28th Dec 2017, 17:37
I concur with that

Panther 88
28th Dec 2017, 21:38
They wouldn't listen to him or anyone else, no matter what the experience level was. Most who make these decisions probably don't have 1000 hrs worth of experience on the two jets.

Plank Cap
29th Dec 2017, 10:28
Seriously, the guys running this circus are really working hard on lining up all the holes in the Swiss cheese. As each and every week brings more alarm and incredulity in the form of the latest ASRs, and more knee-jerk micro-managing FCIs to try and regulate away the inevitable looming disaster, one has to wonder just how much longer before the next hull loss in this region?

Last night, barely awake and semi-conscious, prepped for three whole STAR and approach changes, some quite late on, as ATC did their best to manage the rush hour traffic in, around, up and down through this new-arsed UAE airspace.

Tried, and largely failed, to abide by as many of the new regulations and instructions as possible. Combine that with the largest local operator approaching a tipping point of chaos and self destruction, and it's a wonder folks round here aren't given bonus payments, safety awards, salary increases and golden handshakes just to stay on and keep this whole rotten operation from imploding..........

But what do I know, I just work here :bored: