PDA

View Full Version : Air France Fully Sponsored Cadet Scheme

Boeing100
25th Dec 2017, 21:49
Very surprised there’s no mention of this on this board already.

After many years of hiatus, Air France has re-opened it’s 100% sponsored cadet scheme. This is exactly what all cadet schemes should be: everything is paid for by the airline and will result in ATPL, CPL, IR, ME, MCC with TR on A320/737 with aim to move on to long haul.

One small caveat, you need to speak French.

ÊTRE PILOTE DE LIGNE A AIR FRANCE | Air France - Corporate (http://corporate.airfrance.com/fr/etre-pilote-de-ligne-air-france)

Good luck to those who apply!

Speedbird148
26th Dec 2017, 11:11
Hopefully this sets the trend for other airlines in 2018.....ever the optimist...

schweizer2
26th Dec 2017, 12:29
Mock the French for their constant strikes..... question ourselves why we don't have similar conditions :ooh:

planesandthings
26th Dec 2017, 12:58
Wow! And presumably not linked to the greedy big three FTOs either?

Top marks AF

Chris the Robot
26th Dec 2017, 14:18
I recall reading in another thread that a Belgian airline who had decided to take pretty much all pilot training in-house had stated that they reckoned an integrated course cost £60k to provide (i.e. before profit). One does wonder how long it will be before the other airlines, particularly those requiring large numbers of trainees, cotton on.

The main downside for an airline that does bring things in-house is that when they do not require pilots they have the cost of assets and employees not being used, however if they could sell trainees to other operators they could make it work.

Boeing100
27th Dec 2017, 07:59
They say that location of training will be clarified after selection however highly unlikely to be any of the big 3 (Oxford, L3 etc.). In France they have a public university called ENAC which provides free commercial pilot training (you can imagine it’s incredibly competitive to get on this programme) in the south of France. The country has many excellent training facilities so I would expect it to be somewhere in France.

Jurow
27th Dec 2017, 18:19
The future AF pilots are going to be paid during the training ~1200€/month.
And the T&C are very good.
A fantastic cadet program.