PDA

View Full Version : ATPL and TR eg. for A320...

AluminBird
25th Dec 2017, 09:39
....Id like to pay for TR on A320 immediately after flying school is that ok? Or should I fly regional for a while?

Also, once getting TR is it ok to wait for example for 6 months to get an A320 job based close to my city? (I'm in UK) I have another profession so cash flow is not too much of an issue. I'm guessing you'll suggest I get TR and a job anyway but still look for base close to home? Lifestyle is crucial to me.

Thank you for all your advice.

Officer Kite
25th Dec 2017, 12:54
Many schools out there will be happy to take the cash and give you the rating but the job is a different story ... best advice is to never pay and do a type rating without an offer of a job, a previous airline i worked for in a non piloting role had it as somewhat of an unwritten rule to not hire people with ratings but no hours actually flown on the aircraft

dan1165
25th Dec 2017, 12:59
....Id like to pay for TR on A320 :ugh:

pfvspnf
26th Dec 2017, 04:06
Cash flow not a problem eh ? Hahaha

ROKVIATOR
26th Dec 2017, 10:00
When I read that I was like: He should be earning like 4-5k a month ... Oh sure.:}

rudestuff
26th Dec 2017, 10:04
Give the guy a break, he obviously doesn't know anything about the industry.. A type rating without at least 500 hours on type isn't worth much. You might think you're putting yourself ahead of the pack and making yourself more marketable, but in fact you could be hurting your chances. Airlines all have different SOPs, and they'll want you to learn their way, followed up with line training. The bottom line is they want pilots who are (a) type rated and experienced or (b) non type rated so they can train them themselves. A type rating by itself is like half a qualification.

AluminBird
26th Dec 2017, 13:51
Thanks for your inputs. It helps me understand the nature of the profession!😊I'm coming from the medical profession so have very little idea of the career structure.

schweizer2
26th Dec 2017, 16:45
If you are wanting to stay in Scotland, your best bet is Loganair. They have taken on quite a lot of fresh pilots recently.

Eudi
27th Dec 2017, 16:13
Do you know if Loganair recruitment is open to foreign type rated pilots?