PDA

View Full Version : secondment to EK

Dixi
21st Dec 2017, 04:16
Hi there

anybody has heard anything about the above mentioned topic?
it looks like laying off pilots started down SZ road.One secondment is already taking place...how about this?

Fly safe
Dixi

fatbus
21st Dec 2017, 05:02
DECs both fleets , recruitment problem solved . Attrition problem just got worst.

StinkyMonkey
22nd Dec 2017, 14:40
I heard about this, but it was cancelled because EK decided to shut down it's Cargo Ops, and the pilots are no longer needed... No idea about the validity of this rumor...

cochise
23rd Dec 2017, 06:03
"He who shall not be named" is seconding elsewhere now.

SK1
23rd Dec 2017, 08:18
Can you elaborate further???

h3dxb
23rd Dec 2017, 10:07
The unnamed is laying off. 50 engineers so far. got told some B777 on hold and parking. The A330 phased out B787 on track.

Poor them, all got the note before xmas, what company it is now ?
the best employer in Emirates ?

Take care

H3DBB

Desdihold
23rd Dec 2017, 14:13
From the EK side :
13 777s are parked in DWC on a 3 month cycle.
At the end of each aircraft's individual stay it is returned to service and replaced with a fresh aircraft for its 3 month stay.

The 13 count reduced to 11 over the Christmas travel season which I read as saying that these aircraft will not be needed soon if ever again.

Monarch Man
23rd Dec 2017, 14:55
EK, no abinitio CC until Jan 2019 is the latest out of HR via the college, and expressions of interest for 330 Captains from the unmentionable near Yas to Air Fiji.

Wizofoz
23rd Dec 2017, 20:20
EK has shut down its' Cargo Ops?????

Dixi
24th Dec 2017, 02:32
The unnamed is laying off. 50 engineers so far. got told some B777 on hold and parking. The A330 phased out B787 on track.

Poor them, all got the note before xmas, what company it is now ?
Well said h3dxb
the unmentionable has started laying off pilots too who joined with families just 6 months ago!!!Some of them non TR.
With a very classy touch these guys have been given from 1 to 3 months of notice period just before Christmas...this is style!same news 3 days later wouldn't have made any difference to HR except allowing them to enjoy the holidays with their loved ones...reliable top recruiter.

Dixi
24th Dec 2017, 03:17
Well, it doesnt sound that bad really. Most of the secondments to the Unmentionable this year were from Alitalia and Air Berlin and they had contracts with an expiry date anyway. I am not talking about them
They are only getting rid of the secondment pilots.Those pilots on secondment may not be in a better place had they chose to stay back home with their respective airlines.
certainly they would.Ab pilots will be hired by lufthansa and the others
The ones who joined them with a permanent contract are safe for the moment
As far as i know they are laying off people on a permanent contract too who recently joined.

Happy Holidays Lads

A320 Skipper
24th Dec 2017, 04:15
Is this only for the Cargo Ops? Or pilots who join on the passenger routes will be getting fired too? :ugh: