PDA

View Full Version : jerez - again!!!

diamodel
19th Jul 2002, 10:53
to anyone already at jerez, i am coming down to do the tests on 29/30th july. was wandering if anyone fancies a beer and a chat about the place?

also is there anyone around who is starting the october course? thats when i'll be going, assuming i pass the tests!!

any advice?

Flygirl77
20th Jul 2002, 11:32
Well, just asked them when I can come down and do the tests, though I doubt I'll make it to be there quite that soon...will let you know if am though.

However...could you do me a favour and let me know what the tests consist of?

Cheers, and best of luck.

am doing it cos WMU accepted me and just cancelled my course in Oct.....Grrrrrrrr!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

diamodel
20th Jul 2002, 19:26
no probs - will let you know next week. good luck when you do go.

dont worry about WMU - am sure you will have much more fun in spain! nice to find another girl on the site by the way.

Baldie Man
20th Jul 2002, 22:35
Email me diamodel and I'll put you in touch with some students down there.

BM.

Eggboy
23rd Jul 2002, 16:48
Diamodel,

I too am to sit the tests very soon. I havn't agreed a date as yet as I'm currently trying to sort a reasonable route down there.
Out of interest are you flying into Seville and getting a bus? And are you getting a hotel or can BAE lend you a room for the night?

Ideally I am looking to join the October course but obviously there is a lot to sort before then!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Good luck with the aptitude tests mate, and hopefully we can meet in October .

Eggboy

Baldie Man
23rd Jul 2002, 17:12
BUZZ fly direct into Jerez from Stansted. Another route used by students is to fly with Iberia from Heathrow via Madrid or Barcelona. There is no bus from Seville to Jerez but there is a train.

BM.

puntopa
23rd Jul 2002, 20:06
There is a bus from Seville to Jerez, but it doesnt stop at the airport. it goes direct to the bus station, but seen as the bus station is right next to the train station its just up to you which you prefer.

Hobo
24th Jul 2002, 05:34
Just Been down to Jerez (Late June I'm afraid WWW, looks like Ģ134 or so minimum with Avro in August), Flew Gatwick- Malaga with Monarch Ģ80 return (inc taxes) www.avro.co.uk then hired a car and drove (4 hours) to Jerez. Ģ25 per day with Avis www.avis.com.

Wee Weasley Welshman
24th Jul 2002, 09:12
Ģ80rtn in late July to AGP - you did do well.

SO what did you think?

Baldie Man
24th Jul 2002, 13:49
Tragedy struck the crew room with regards to the cookies and croissants a few months back - cutbacks meant they were stopped! :(

As for the food - really good?? Hmmmm, we always knew you OATS lot would be easily pleased! :D

BM.

diamodel
24th Jul 2002, 15:24
eggboy,

i am flying down to madrid with BA from gatwick then on to jerez with Iberia. it is expensive but thank god for airmiles!!! serves me right for not being more oragnised and only booking a week in advance!

BAe have booked accomodation for me which makes life easier. It is 45euros a night so not bad.

will let you know how i go!

visual,

if you could start again would you go to jerez instead of oats? also did you hear anything about the ground school from other students?

Eggboy
24th Jul 2002, 16:16
Thanks to everyone for your help. I will endeavour to keep everyone updated of my progress.

Cheers again,

Eggboy:)

Mr Aerosexual
24th Jul 2002, 18:08
All I can say is go to Jerez!! You will have to work hard, as you will have to do at any of the other schools but you will have the time of your life when you are there - I did!
Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the food. People said it got repetetive but eating at the Ritz every night would get repetetive. The food is good quality and I never went hungry. If I had to give any advice to people looking for a school, I would always say Jerez, Jerez, Jerez!:D

zerograv
27th Jul 2002, 22:04
Diamodel

Sorry for diverting your thread from its subject
but would like to take the opportunity to ask people
that is studing at Jerez if it is correct that there is such
thing as Parking Slot Times

Was planing in fly to there (do some Xcountry) but the
ATS officer told me to file a flight plan 3hrs in advance:eek:
because of the above mentioned Parking Slot Times.

Regards
Zerograv

PS Diamodel
Best of luck for your exams

diamodel
5th Aug 2002, 11:01
well just to let you all know - tests went well and am starting in october. see some of you down there hopefully.

fran

Eggboy
5th Aug 2002, 16:29
Congratulations Diamodel! :)

Better start studying for the rest of the syllabus now! This is merely the tip of the iceberg!

great expectations
6th Aug 2002, 09:53
Congratulations. Keep your enthusiasm, people seem to forget quickly how excited they were when they arrived. Itīs wicked, but itīs all about perspective too.
GE x ;)

D McQuire
6th Aug 2002, 16:57
diamodel,

See you in October. Wouldnīt bother start studying now, here in Jerez they take you from 0 hours in all subjects and not just flying. Thatīs been my experience so far. Keep the hard slog for when youīre here.

Bluebaron
7th Aug 2002, 15:40
GE, are you still excited?!

BB

Shanks
3rd Sep 2002, 08:55
Well I've finally got confirmation that I'm on the course in October, VERY nervous now with 30 days and counting!:eek:

Sorry if there was anyone that I didn't reply to; I've been waiting for the official confirmation, didn't want to count my chickens and all that!

Are there any other PPRuNers attending the October or November courses? Get in touch, would be good to hear from people before we go :)