PDA

View Full Version : Is this an anti-wrinkle scam?

Tone
20th Dec 2017, 16:45
Strange & unexpected delivery from a company called Globalegrow, came via Yodel. I am now the recipient of a small tube of WUNDER2 60 second wrinkle reducer. This was never ordered but I can't find any phone or email contact details for Globalgrow. According to the delivery label they lurk in Polar Park, West Drayton. No unusual bank or paypal activity (yet) so that's a relief.

Does anyone any knowledge of this company?

How did they know I had a wrinkle?

annakm
20th Dec 2017, 16:54
WUNDERLIFT - The Instant Anti-Wrinkle Serum | WUNDER2 (http://www.wunder2.co.uk/product/wunderlift)

Have you tried it on any wrinkly bits or anything that needs ‘lifting’?

Effluent Man
20th Dec 2017, 16:56
As long as you didn't sign anything you are in the clear.

Jump Complete
20th Dec 2017, 17:15
As long as you didn't sign anything you are in the clear.

Could a tick box on a website (which may go unnoticed or taken for something else) count as a form of contract?

Effluent Man
20th Dec 2017, 17:20
The problem for the company will be that they need to go to court to pursue twenty quid. In practice they will pick the low hanging fruit and turn a blind eye to the awkward squad. I have advised several friends on bogus parking fines, in every case they have been dropped.

sitigeltfel
20th Dec 2017, 18:00
Test it on this....

https://vetstreet.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/96c4707/2147483647/thumbnail/645x380/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvetstreet-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fca%2F95%2Ffcba616b4c79acb19add 474ce732%2FShar-Pei-AP-1V8DB3-645sm101513.jpg

Pontius Navigator
20th Dec 2017, 18:24
Strange & unexpected delivery from a company called Globalegrow, came via Yodel. I am now the recipient of a small tube of WUNDER2 60 second wrinkle reducer. This was never ordered but I can't find any phone or email contact details for Globalgrow. According to the delivery label they lurk in Polar Park, West Drayton. No unusual bank or paypal activity (yet) so that's a relief.

Does anyone any knowledge of this company?

How did they know I had a wrinkle?
Did you get a bill?

A few years ago I and severely people I know received customised ball point pens. Good quality but no source and no follow-up, but I then saw the same pen for sale. Product placement exercise? You like, you talk, they buy.

Gertrude the Wombat
20th Dec 2017, 19:12
The problem for the company will be that they need to go to court to pursue twenty quid.
If it's unsolicited and sent to you "in error" you can't just throw it away immediately, in case they want to come and collect it. It's a shorter time limit if you tell them than if you don't IIRC, after which, if they don't come and collect it, you can throw it away.

Ascend Charlie
20th Dec 2017, 20:35
Is it [email protected] cream? That should take the wrinkles out.

Blacksheep
20th Dec 2017, 22:26
Many years ago a parcel containing a pair of very nice soft wool blankets arrived at my grandparents house. Gran wasn’t happy when Grandad told her to wrap them back up and put them in the airing cupboard. A couple of days later came the invoice. Gran was happy to pay, but Grandad said to wait. After several more letters the threatening one arrived. That was the one he was waiting for. “I acknowledge receipt of an unsolicited package contained a pair of blankets which I placed in safe storage in our airing cupboard. You may collect them at your convenience on payment of a £20 storage fee.” After a couple more letters trying to negotiate they gave up and told him to keep the blankets.

Pontius Navigator
21st Dec 2017, 08:01
We once received a very large parcel containing two monogrammed dressing gowns from a well known cruise company. No note, address, invoice or whatever.

Later, speaking to our Travel Agent we mentioned this. They said they had received a consignment and sent them out to customers. Nice freebie.

Mechta
21st Dec 2017, 11:29
The manufacturers set themselves a pretty low bar in the video annaKm posted. Had they started with, say, Ena Sharples (yes, I know she's dead now) and, with a few dabs of the stuff made her look like the model in the video, I would have been impressed.

This stuff is good for getting rid of wrinkles:

https://balsamart.co.uk/store/bmz_cache/f/f053ebff112af8cd0c70dbf3262ce5d0.image.200x195.jpg

oopspff7
21st Dec 2017, 12:36
Don't waste your money on this anti wrinkle cream scam.
I've been using it for 6 months.
My balls still look like walnuts.

funfly
21st Dec 2017, 14:42
My balls still look like walnuts.

mine - sultanas !