PDA

View Full Version : ETOPS AREA OF OPERATION

arakotoarson
19th Dec 2017, 20:50
Hi all,

Normally ETOPS AOO is defined by circles with a radius of the maximum diversion distance computed with approved N-1 speed and ETOPS approved time with zero wind ans zero ISA temperature deviation.

Sometimes, on dispatch, even staying inside the AOO we have higher N-1 flight time than approved (due to headwind for example) from ETP to nominated ETOPS enroute alternate. May we operate the flight in this case ?

Thanks for your reply !

safelife
20th Dec 2017, 00:40
Yes, you may.

arakotoarson
20th Dec 2017, 18:30
Yes, you may.

Thanks safelife !

I get a reply from jeppesen that their ETOPCVG (ETOPS coverage) alerts on flight plans are wrong so your answer is correct.

plans123
1st Jan 2018, 18:57
Thanks safelife !

I get a reply from jeppesen that their ETOPCVG (ETOPS coverage) alerts on flight plans are wrong so your answer is correct.

Can you expand on what alerts on the flight plans are wrong... and how they are wrong? What are they saying?

arakotoarson
9th Jan 2018, 00:21
Can you expand on what alerts on the flight plans are wrong... and how they are wrong? What are they saying?

Hi Plans123 and happy new year !

I get this error :

ALERT TAG ETOPCVG
ALERT MSG THE ETOPS SEGMENT #1 IS NOT ETOPS COMPLIANT
FROM N0728.3 W13210.7 TO N0632.4 W13236.5

even the route is inside Area of Operation. Normally this error is triggered if the great circle diversion distance in still air is higher than the maximum diversion distance.

Here is the answer we get from Jeppesen :

I have investigated the issue with the false alert at ETOPS plans. Unfortunately I can reproduce the alert on several servers using different flight planning accounts. That means that your database entries are not the cause, but our JetPlan engine needs to be corrected. I have started the process by assigning ticket JPE-xxxx to the department concerned.

Sorry to say that I cannot advise any estimate for a solution.