PDA

View Full Version : What a joke!

Talparc
19th Dec 2017, 16:49
Here is the latest bs joke from the muppets.
They really lost it, instead of producing shiny videos let’s simply follow some action and address the real problems like e.g. fatique, punishing culture...

Emirates praises pilots, as Ryanair battles them | Arab News (http://www.arabnews.com/node/1211161/media)

WakeTurb_69
19th Dec 2017, 17:22
It's very much like when an abusive husband pretends to be loving and supportive in public. Then, behind closed doors......

Capt. Flamingo
19th Dec 2017, 17:58
They love them so much that they are only worth a crap video made out of clips from older videos

gearlever
19th Dec 2017, 18:47
EMBARRASING:ugh:

sealear
19th Dec 2017, 19:15
LOL! that article couldn't be more wrong. Embarrassing indeed.

Plank Cap
19th Dec 2017, 19:15
Seriously, with all the recent, not to mention historical, poor treatment of the workforce what utterly deceptive, disingenuous, crass, insincere and deceitful total rubbish.

It's going to take more than a sixty second YouTube video to even start to restore some of the reputation - now an international embarrassment and industry leader in how NOT to conduct an operation.

Even O'Dreary-Leary realises it may just be time to move on from past failed methods of pilot / management relations. Will this lot ever get it...?

Good job there is no fear factor, and that's now official ....... apparently.

Talparc
19th Dec 2017, 20:27
I personally like the appearance of the head muppet AAR in the video.
What a shame!
By the way several colleagues in the video are not here anymore.

nolimitholdem
19th Dec 2017, 23:15
Of course, comments for the article with the video are closed. lol

Cloud Bunny
20th Dec 2017, 11:27
I am currently aghast at the treatment being dished out to a mate of mine at the moment over a request relating to a family medical emergency. Absolutely appalling, the lack of basic humanity, over something that actually causes the company virtually no disruption in terms of “operational requirements” is staggering and such a sad inditement of the state of this place and their attitude towards the people who are bending over backwards to keep this place going.
I am fuming at watching this outrageously hypocritical video.

Old King Coal
20th Dec 2017, 13:39
Cloud Bunny: Wrt "their attitude towards the people who are bending over backwards to keep this place going"..... then stop bending over... they don't appreciate or reward someone for going the extra mile for them; and they never have done and never will... so stop doing it... you'll get no thanks for helping them out of the mess that they've got themselves into, and in fact, if anything, they'll just treat you with even more contempt if you do 'help' them. Empirically, and as exemplified by their hubris (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hubris), they're not like 'us'.

GoreTex
20th Dec 2017, 13:49
I am embarrassed that I ever worked for them

DuneMentat
20th Dec 2017, 14:19
They had to use old clips as no one wanted to be a star in this one..

Cloud Bunny
20th Dec 2017, 15:28
Cloud Bunny: Wrt "their attitude towards the people who are bending over backwards to keep this place going"..... then stop bending over... they don't appreciate or reward someone for going the extra mile for them; and they never have done and never will... so stop doing it... you'll get no thanks for helping them out of the mess that they've got themselves into, and in fact, if anything, they'll just treat you with even more contempt if you do 'help' them. Empirically, and as exemplified by their hubris (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hubris), they're not like 'us'.
OKC, that’s exactly what I’ve said to him and he’s of the same view. He’ll be gone in early 2018 now, shame he’s a good guy and it seems the company can I’ll afford to be loosing good guys at the moment - but hey as you say they don’t give a toss so why should he?
It’s certainly made me look at things with regard time scales and setting a date to get out, it’s not worth the risk anymore. That video is an absolute insult.

Talparc
23rd Dec 2017, 08:19
Did the EK Christmas gifts already arrive?

olster
23rd Dec 2017, 10:41
One of the worst EK stories I ever heard was over the appalling treatment meted out to a captain after parental loss. He was treated with no compassion and was ‘punished’ for staying away too long with warning letters and threats attached. Not a pprune rumour but told to me straight. No ‘sorry for your loss’ just straightforward vindictiveness and stupidity and of course the individual immediately resigned.

You couldn’t make it up. Anyway, seasons greetings to former colleagues in the desert.

Cheers

SOPS
23rd Dec 2017, 11:52
Why am I not surprised?

furbpilot
23rd Dec 2017, 13:20
It seems the worst to you but if I tell you mine. 3 months on ground for having complained about known ( not by me when I accepted it ) accommodation issues multiple unrelated medical examination ( glicemic curve twice) multiple blood sampling ( and they missed a big one fortunately now resolved) and in deep psychiatric assessment. This just after having married, my wife miscarried ..just to say sorry we were wrong when it was too late. Tried to sue.. impossible. 10 year lost.

Desdihold
23rd Dec 2017, 13:43
Such stories of fleet not giving a damm about major life events are not (sadly) uncommon.

People should understand that any emergency leave that is granted comes out if your 42 days of regular leave in five day blocks. As an example if you have Monday and Tuesday off , work Wednesday but are off Thursday and Friday then they will not just grant one day of emergency leave to give you the sole work day (Wednesday) off.

What ever you do stay away from EGT, he will work against you and use such events as leverage.
Go straight to the local CP and bypass EGT.

Calmcavok
23rd Dec 2017, 14:20
The video is pathetic. Not in itself, but the message the company sends by releasing it, but not mentioning it to their pilot employees. The domestic abuse analogy is spot on.

What's most frustrating is that the thought of sending it to their pilots likely would not have crossed their minds, and even in hindsight I would genuinely believe they couldn't think why they should have.

This place is starting to feel like it's in a jet upset and those at the controls didn't attend their last UPRT.

Wingman82
23rd Dec 2017, 20:22
I am about to cry, thank you EK for that great video. I think I will take my resignation back :yuk:

Global_Global
23rd Dec 2017, 20:29
This would be the same as Trump doing an anti sexual harassment clip :D:D:D:D:D:D:D