PDA

View Full Version : Amazing video as fighter pilots try to chase UFO

Pace
19th Dec 2017, 08:34
One pilot described the object as not from this world
It easily outpaced them
Great little video

UFO spotted by US fighter jet pilots, new footage reveals - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-42405205/ufo-spotted-by-us-fighter-jet-pilots-new-footage-reveals)

Any thoughts on what it could be ?

treadigraph
19th Dec 2017, 08:39
Any chance of sharing a link? :ok:

(Or has my office Net Nanny hidden something?)

Pace
19th Dec 2017, 09:11
Sorry about that )) from BBC news
Now attached

VP959
19th Dec 2017, 09:14
Sorry about that )) from BBC news
Now attached

That link seems to be a copy going via Apple servers somewhere, presumably so they can strip out user data in the process, rather than a proper direct link to the BBC.

Here's the direct link to the BBC article, for those that don't feel like giving away data to Apple when they don't have to:

UFO spotted by US fighter jet pilots, new footage reveals - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-42405205/ufo-spotted-by-us-fighter-jet-pilots-new-footage-reveals)

clareprop
19th Dec 2017, 09:32

Dunno but I'm pretty sure it's not something "not from this world".

cattletruck
19th Dec 2017, 09:36
Does flight track reveal a picture of big alien phallic symbol... whatever they look like?

Pace
19th Dec 2017, 09:36
Decades ago in my early 20s I was travelling back to an ex Girlfriends house the night before we went on holiday
It was a full Moon and a clear night

She exclaimed as she pointed to a shooting star which almost stopped abruptly over a famous old volcano in our area
We arrived at her house and grabbed some binoculars in time to see the object descend vertically over the mountain and stop
Blue flashes shot from the craft to the mountain top and we watched the Rugby ball shaped object for Maybe 10 minutes before it streaked off across the night sky at very high speed

What was it? dont know but in all my flying have never seen anything since
Coming back off holiday it had been reported by the local rag with a disclaimer of knowledge by the military base

Tashengurt
19th Dec 2017, 14:44
Looks like a moth stuck on the windscreen to me.

hiflymk3
19th Dec 2017, 14:50
Why didn't he shoot at it? :eek:

ZFT
19th Dec 2017, 15:13

Why would you do that?

hiflymk3
19th Dec 2017, 15:49
To see if it was hostile. :E

Tashengurt
19th Dec 2017, 16:11

Haven't you seen Independence day?!

Tashengurt
19th Dec 2017, 16:12
Why would you do that?
Havent you seen Independence day?!

VP959
19th Dec 2017, 16:54
Is it possible for space junk to re-enter the atmosphere at a very low grazing angle, such that it effectively skips along, like a skimming stone, losing velocity all the time?

I seem to remember something from many years back suggesting that this strategy was one way of mitigating the high air friction and hence heating that occurs from direct re-entry.

If this is possible, then could bits of space junk (there's a great deal of it around in low earth orbit), sometimes just skip around the earth a few times, slowing down a bit more each time, and probably breaking up under the loads, until it slows enough to effectively fall through the lower atmosphere, still at high speed, but not high enough to burn up?

If so, then that might explain something like this.

hiflymk3
19th Dec 2017, 17:02
It was a reflection of sunshine from Uranus.

Pace
19th Dec 2017, 17:52
I think we are all more interested in if there is any other intelligent life out there ( not sure there is much intelligence here sometimes )
We are all waiting for that big handshake between a little green man and us
But even if there is that intelligence would have to be way advanced from ours to be able to travel such distances and then there is the time problem so why would they be interested in us anymore than we would want to communicate with Hamsters

The chances of there being intelligent life elsewhere is pretty high the chances of that life being able to visit us pretty small

hiflymk3
19th Dec 2017, 20:30
As Arthur C Clarke said. "Sometimes I think we are alone in the Universe, sometimes I think we are not. Either way, the thought is quite staggering."

Or words to that effect.

Ascend Charlie
19th Dec 2017, 20:55
Until it rotated itself, the object was way too steady in the gunsight - knuckleheads can't hold a fighter that steady. It should be wandering a little in the sight when you consider the bumps in the sky and potholes in the air.

Espada III
19th Dec 2017, 21:08
Fascinating programming on BBC recently about the Voyager space probes; it is 40 years since they blasted off. Voyager 1 has now passed the point of influence of the Sun; it is in interstellar space.

One scientist explained that given the distances involved, the speed of light and the short time since mankind has had a proper understanding of science, the chances of meeting an 'alien' are very slim. However as there are billions of stars, the probability of there being intelligent life is not insignificant, it's just that they might have developed at a different time or pace (we might be ahead), so it could be like ships passing in the night.

Pace
19th Dec 2017, 21:45
Espada111

But for these claimed UFOs to contain life from another planet would mean that to overcome the distance and time required to reach us would mean that they would be far advanced

Time slows with speed and is supposed to stop when the speed of light would be achieved
Returning to their own loved ones would also mean reversing that time lost from when they departed their own planet

All those years ago what did I see ? I dont know but then if they were Aliens why would they come here anyway?
Chances are there is life out there somewhere but when they look at their sunsets and look at the twinkling stars they see they probably imagine the same
Is there other life out there somewhere but there is no ability to check or reach each other

Unless they know far more than we do and are intellectually a million miles ahead of us! Then we would have the intellect of a hamster in comparison

Terry Dactil
19th Dec 2017, 22:17
The best evidence that there is intelligent extraterrestrial life out there is that they are smart enough to not bother coming here.

Juliet Sierra Papa
19th Dec 2017, 22:30
The best evidence that there is intelligent extraterrestrial life out there is that they are smart enough to not bother coming here.
Unless they need water or any of our precious metals etc.

G-CPTN
19th Dec 2017, 22:38

When you consider the variety of languages on Earth, and, given that extra-terrestrials would have developed their own language(s), what chance would there be of communicating meaningfully - and, given that as a given, why would they bother trying?

Think about it from their point of view.

Given our capability of reaching another inhabited planet - what would be our approach?
What would be their response?

TWT
19th Dec 2017, 23:00
You never see nice clear reasonable definition pictures or videos of UFO's.

Always blurry and indistinct.

In many cases it's assumed that UFO = strange flying craft (thankyou mass media), but they're merely things which we can't explain.

To those that have seen them, I am jealous :)

WingNut60
19th Dec 2017, 23:49
....... what chance would there be of communicating meaningfully?

I have often wondered how the early seafaring explorers (Cook, De Gama et al.) were able to land on a Pacific Ocean island and in relatively short time establish meaningful communications with the inhabitants. But they did.
Even in the absence of Received Pronunciation.

....... and, given that as a given, why would they bother trying?Same as above, re Cook, etc.

Pace
20th Dec 2017, 00:37
I have often wondered how the early seafaring explorers (Cook, De Gama et al.) were able to land on a Pacific Ocean island and in relatively short time establish meaningful communications with the inhabitants. But they did.

A musket shoved up your nostrils, a good beating or whipping does wonders for communication :E Think its understood in any language

reynoldsno1
20th Dec 2017, 01:19
It's a UFO ...
The aircraft is turning at a constant rate & angle of bank, as is the target. It also appears to be at a constant range. Fluff in the HUD?

jonkster
20th Dec 2017, 02:22
Unless they need water or any of our precious metals etc.

My guess is if they are advanced enough to have developed the technology to travel interstellar space they would be more than capable of reacting hydrogen and oxygen to make water (or synthesising any rare needed elements using nuclear reactions). I doubt we would have anything they would need to travel vast distances to obtain.

By the time they have reached that sort of ability, I doubt we would be particularly interesting to them at all, well other than for maybe those rich kid aliens with nothing better to do than put antennas on their heads and land by some unsuspecting human that no one will ever believe and walk around making silly beep beep noises...

rmm
20th Dec 2017, 03:23
J. Allen Hynek, the scientist who ran project blue book offered this,

We have gone from Kitty Hawk to the moon in some seventy years, but it's possible that a million-year-old civilization may know something that we don't

CONSO
20th Dec 2017, 04:15
FWIW - tomorrow night dec 19- on fox news- tucker carlson - will have the pilot( cmdr david frayor ) who ' made' - saw that video shown in NYT and a dozen other places.

That would be 8 pm EST in U S of A

Might be worth watching and listening- check your local stations- typically repeated 3 hours later.

Also see

https://fightersweep.com/1460/x-files-edition/

for the ' rest of the story "

CONSO
20th Dec 2017, 04:18

With what - if you paid attention he had NO ordance nor did his wingman. :rolleyes:

CONSO
20th Dec 2017, 04:26
It's a UFO ...
The aircraft is turning at a constant rate & angle of bank, as is the target. It also appears to be at a constant range. Fluff in the HUD?

SLF here- that view/video seems to indicate that the ufo was simply flying in the same ( horizontal ) circle as the f-18 but at a much greater radius, and thus at a greater speed . IR camera was probably in a track mode ??

WingNut60
20th Dec 2017, 05:11
With what - if you paid attention he had NO ordance nor did his wingman. :rolleyes:

I think (????) he was being facetious.

ExSp33db1rd
20th Dec 2017, 06:32
It was a reflection of sunshine from Uranus.

Whose anus ?

Trossie
20th Dec 2017, 07:02
Initially posted on 19th Dec, quoting a news item dated 18th Dec and now, well into the second page of responses on 20th Dec, the obvious still has not been stated!!!

It's Santa!! Of course!

Ogre
20th Dec 2017, 09:41
Until it rotated itself, the object was way too steady in the gunsight - knuckleheads can't hold a fighter that steady. It should be wandering a little in the sight when you consider the bumps in the sky and potholes in the air.

I had a similar thought, the video I saw only appeared to show an aircraft flying at a very constant altitude at a constant rate of turn, which implied it was running rings around the aircraft.

Suspicious?

ehwatezedoing
20th Dec 2017, 10:57
https://scontent.fjib1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25507844_800291420172546_6780413318645945329_n.png?oh=577cc4 bdc74cf03e67c98b244bd5347a&oe=5AC8BDE8

:p

MungoP
20th Dec 2017, 11:10
Seeing as we find it difficult to get on with people living a few thousand miles away, or even next door, I'm not in any hurry to meet something so far advanced beyond our simple existence it would very likely view us as something on a petri dish.

G-CPTN
20th Dec 2017, 11:50
would very likely view us as something on a petri dish.

Good observation.

Is it feasible that 'aliens' would be an order of magnitude larger than 'humans'?

Or would that be impossible?

Pace
20th Dec 2017, 12:27
We behave like animals with our instincts and herding territorial nature

If you were a Liverpool Supporter you would beat up a Manchester supporter but then in the World cup suddenly become an England supporter

Maybe we could do with being attacked by people from another planet then we would become people of the World and those nasty Aliens our joint enemy

G0ULI
20th Dec 2017, 12:53
Swarf in the HUD optics. UFO doesn't mean alien, it just means something in the air that has not been positively identified.

hiflymk3
20th Dec 2017, 16:22
Any intelligent life trying to make contact would see how many people still practice some form of religion and make a note to try again in a hundred years or so.
One hundred years, that's being optimistic. They'll look at us and laugh at those who believe in and are at war over invisible beings.

They'll also laugh at the fact that we still use potatoes to make mash.

BehindBlueEyes
20th Dec 2017, 17:06
Whilst everyone’s fussing about that UFO, I think we need to keep an eye on this thing that’s slowly creeping up on us!

Interstellar object may hold 'alien' water - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42397398)

It reminds me very much of this:

https://youtu.be/KbhHfrgc2N8

Life imitating art?

Mostly Harmless
20th Dec 2017, 21:58
Let us hope they do not have the vanity plate "Probe 1".

westernhero
20th Dec 2017, 22:09
Let us hope they do not have the vanity plate "Probe 1".

Or three's https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

:)

chevvron
21st Dec 2017, 00:39
All this chasing of 'flying saucers' by fighter aircraft happened before in the 50s so why does it make headline news now as if it never happened before?
The body of one chase pilot, Capt Thomas Mantell, was never found although the wreckage of his aircraft (an F-51 Mustang) was.

TWT
21st Dec 2017, 01:07
There's not a lot of truthful reporting about the Mantell incident. Cover-ups and obfuscation all part of the picture. This article says his body was pulled out of the P-51 by firemen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantell_UFO_incident

Groundloop
21st Dec 2017, 09:47
very likely view us as something on a petri dish.

Very H G Wells - "No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water."

Pace
21st Dec 2017, 12:39
The biggest question is how this superior life would travel millions of light years and not just that but get back to their own point in time
It’s way out of our thinking or knowledge

It would have to be a travel machine far advanced from playing tag with our fighters
It would have to travel through a different dimension known to us

rusty sparrow
21st Dec 2017, 13:15
One thing that puzzles me is that if they are manned craft, the amount of G that they would be subject to in sharp accelerations and changes of course would be more than the typical image of the large headed ET could stand.

However, according to the article here, some insects can sustain a couple of hundred G What's the highest G-force an insect can survive? | Science Focus (http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/whats-highest-g-force-insect-can-survive) so they would perhaps be some massive alien space bug. Perhaps spiderlike to operate several control panels at once.:eek:

BehindBlueEyes
21st Dec 2017, 14:36
Perhaps spiderlike to operate several control panels at once.:eek:

What? A bit like this???? :ooh::ooh::ooh:

https://youtu.be/3YTIMGmZUr4

Tashengurt
21st Dec 2017, 14:56
Giant spiderlike space bugs?!

Thanks for that. Didn't need to sleep anyway!

TEEEJ
21st Dec 2017, 17:49
Pilot of one of the F/A-18F Super Hornets in interview. From 1:15.

3w0aXTfDDq8

TEEEJ
21st Dec 2017, 17:53
Possible explanation of why the UFO appears to be rotating. See links in the description.

AcsAZTKRv5E

laardvark
21st Dec 2017, 18:00
after all the official denial they come up with this ? now ?
wonder whats really going on .