PDA

View Full Version : It might help to know the law if you want to be a judge!

rotornut
19th Dec 2017, 00:29
Matthew Petersen: Test-flunking Trump judge nominee withdraws - BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42405942)

obgraham
19th Dec 2017, 01:25
Nah. We have all sorts of social justice judges who have no clue about the law.

meadowrun
19th Dec 2017, 02:03
This guy was a joke with no wits. Wouldn't hire him to mow the lawn much less as a judge for life.

RAT 5
19th Dec 2017, 07:44
Senator Kennedy: Just for the record, do you know what a motion in limine is?
Matthew Petersen: I would probably not be able to give you a good definition right here at the table.

17 words used when "NO" would have sufficed. Bluff & bluster. Dead give away to incompetence and being ill prepared. The follow up question is why someone of integrity, common sense and self-pride would allow themselves to be subjected to such humiliation: and then expect senators to consider them suitable for judicial office? It also seeks volumes that Trump's team had not vetted him first along similar lines as the senate hearing. It exposes them also to ridicule. Astonishing, or perhaps not after 11 months.

Hempy
19th Dec 2017, 15:32
Trumps got all the best people. The very best people. Great people.

Lonewolf_50
19th Dec 2017, 16:26
It also seeks volumes that Trump's team had not vetted him first along similar lines as the senate hearing. Yeah, that's what struck me.

ethicalconundrum
19th Dec 2017, 17:02
... "the two yutes"

"Uh - the two hwut?"

"The two yutes!"

"What,,, is a 'yute?'"

"Oh, excuse me your honor, 'the two youuuuuuuthhhhheeessss'".

Great movie exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6qGwmXZtsE

That Petersen guy, and Trump really got a black eye on that. It was worse than his pick of Comey.

RAT 5
20th Dec 2017, 08:51
Trump decides to give his old mate a personal job. He recruits him to be a White House helicopter pilot. Easy job, right? The senate committee decides that the country's leader's safety has to be protected at all times, so it calls the mate to a hearing to be vetted.

Mr Dancing Monkey,
have you ever flown a helicopter?
No Sir.
Have you ever flown a military aeroplane?
No sir.
A comercial aeroplane?
No sir.
A private aeroplane?
Not at this time, no sir.
A glider?
I don't believe so.
Have you ever been in the cockpit of any flying machine?
At this time I don't think I can give the committee an affirmative answer to that question, from where I'm sitting.
Have your feet ever left the ground, other than jumping or diving?
Well sir, I once did a tandem hang gliding trip. It was GREAT. Oh, and I have been pretty high a couple of times, allegedly; but that was fake news, and I travelled here in 1st class paid by my good mate DT.
Why do you think you should be a member of the helicopter crew for POTUS?
Well, I also think America should be great again and my mate DT is always doing his best for the little man. I can promote that strongly. Oh, and now that gays are allowed in the military I might have found my true opportunity and niche.
You're gay?
Damn right, and proud of it.
Does The President know?
I guess so. He knew my Russian grandfather was.
You're of Russian descent?
Da, konechno.
Is this for real? I think you are trying to worm your way into the executive.
That's an unfortunate expression, sir.

Let's adjourn for lunch; I feel unwell.