PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - BALPA Membership

EffectOne
16th Dec 2017, 19:49
Hi all,

TLDR: Does anyone know how long BALPA applications typically take to be considered and approved/rejected?

Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum. I've done a search, but the only BALPA related threads I could find were heated discussions about the value-for-money of membership!

I recently had my BBVA loan approved in principle and am applying for the insurance policies they require through Flightcrew Risk Solutions (BALPA's insurance outfit, I believe). There is a 10% premium discount for BALPA members and I understand trainees can join BALPA for free.

I've put in a BALPA application and am waiting for a reply, but I don't want to delay my application for insurance policies for too long just for the sake of saving 10%. Does anyone know how long BALPA applications take to be considered?

Thanks.

Dracarys
17th Dec 2017, 09:54
I don't recall it taking very long for BALPA to accept my application. Maybe a matter of days if my memory serves me correctly. But if you'd like to expedite the process (or at least clarify how long it's going to take) I think your best bet may be to phone them.

EffectOne
17th Dec 2017, 23:12
Thank you :)