PDA

View Full Version : i need urgent advice

PhantomMercer
16th Dec 2017, 13:43
Hi,

I have a quick question about becoming a pilot. I tried already to post this but I cant see it so I'm making a new one.

When I apply for a class 1 medical certificate, will there be any problems because I suffer from mental health problems and have been hospitalised in the past? I suffer from ocd and have high functioning autism. Would these factors stop me from passing and getting a class 1 medical certificate?

I do hope not because i really want to become a pilot.

I hope somebody could answer and give advice.

Thanks

Bealzebub
16th Dec 2017, 21:14
You would need to contact the CAA medical branch.

Their broad guidance is as follows:

Class 1

(a) Where there is suspicion or established evidence that an applicant has a psychological disorder, the applicant should be referred for psychological opinion and advice.

(b) Established evidence should be

verifiable information from an identifiable source which evokes doubts concerning the mental fitness or personality of a particular individual. Sources for this information can be accidents or incidents, problems in training or proficiency checks, delinquency or knowledge relevant to the safe exercise of the privileges of the applicable licence.

(c) The psychological evaluation may

include a collection of biographical data, the administration of aptitude as well as personality tests and psychological interview.

(d) The psychologist should submit a written report to the AME, AeMC or licensing authority as appropriate, detailing his/her opinion and recommendation

Class 2

Applicants with a psychological disorder may need to be referred for psychological or neuropsychiatric opinion and advice.

PhantomMercer
17th Dec 2017, 15:17
You would need to contact the CAA medical branch.

Their broad guidance is as follows:

Can I email them? Do you have thier email? Thanks for the help

Dutchman95
17th Dec 2017, 22:54
[email protected]

Or call the main switchboard on 0330 022 1500 and ask for the medical department.