PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a job touring around the country watching Airshows

NutLoose
15th Dec 2017, 15:57
And ruining everyones fun, if so, this is for you...

https://www.caacareers.com/jobs/general-aviation-ga-air-display-flight-standards-officer1

MATELO
15th Dec 2017, 16:35
-Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to a high standard

That's the Army fly boys out....

-Must be able to understand and analyse complex technical data.

That says Ta-Ra to the RN..

Must be capable of using experience and judgment in making risk-based, proportionate and consistent decisions.

& that takes care of the RAF.

:p:p

ShyTorque
15th Dec 2017, 16:55
TBH, after Shoreham, I wouldn't want to take on that responsibility.

KiloB
15th Dec 2017, 17:30
Notice you don’t even have to be a qualified pilot, just know what boxes to tick!

roving
15th Dec 2017, 18:12
Newt Watts, the Air Commerce Inspector, in the movie the Great Waldo Pepper.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
15th Dec 2017, 21:33
Fancy a job touring around the country watching Airshows

Is Red 10's position vacant?

RetiredBA/BY
16th Dec 2017, 09:09
50 k for that responsibility after Shoreham, the CAA must be dreaming!

NutLoose
16th Dec 2017, 11:29
I cannot see the responsibility being any greater than a lot of jobs in the industry, that responsibility is shared with the display organiser, just as a C certing licensed engineer is responsible for declaring an aircraft airworthy along with the engineers working for him. Or the captain flying an airliner who with his crew are responsible for ensuring their passengers arrive safe and sound, there is no way anything can be one hundred percent safe where Man is involved. Each job carries a responsibility to those who's lives are entrusted to them.

Blackfriar
16th Dec 2017, 12:03
How many despatchers have the confidence to challenge a captain that says "chuck another half a ton of bags on even though that puts me overweght" as the captain of the doomed Air France Concorde did. Safety is in many people's hands but they all need the ability to stop something against the momentum and wishes of those that might be paid more or have more clout. I like to think as a former despatcher that I wouldn't have signed off the Concorde load sheet, but I don't know.

cargosales
17th Dec 2017, 16:18
Love the job description, especially point one:

the ideal candidate will have the following skills and knowledge

-Must hold or have held a private or professional pilot (or military equivalent), or have current substantive authority and industry regulatory experience

Hmm, I think I'd prefer to hold my co-pilot at home :E

ahwalk01
4th Jan 2018, 21:51
We shall see what they come back with...