PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training in South Africa for Foreigners

livedeleven89
13th Dec 2017, 14:49
Hi all,

Wasn't sure whether to post here or in the Africa forum, mods feel free to move if needed.

I'm interested in completing up to my CPL somewhere in South Africa. From I gather from quotes I have read online its one of the cheapest places in the world to study. It still may be a bit of a struggle for me financially to complete which was why I was wanted to break my training up into two, 3 months trips.

On my first trip, I would complete my PPL and then move onto my night/multi ratings. And I would return about 6 months later to complete the rest of my training up to CPL. The idea being that on my first trip I can build hours at a rate that is financially suitable to me and head back to Europe during my 6 month break to earn more money to complete the rest of my training. Is this an achievable goal under the South African student visa scheme? Would I need to apply for two seperate student visas? (I have French / Australian passports)

Also does anyone have experience training in South Africa as a foreigner? Or possibly have any recommendations on flight schools in RSA who could help me with this?

I have previous flight experience in a Jabiru J-160 (around 30TT), and from my correspondence with a few schools in RSA they said I can have up to 25 hours credited towards the PPL. In Australia, I also studied Aerospace Engineering for several years so I feel I would have a decent grasp on at least the theory aspect of CPL training.

Any and all advice is very much appreciated,

Thanks guys!

nord121
5th Oct 2018, 10:46
Hello,

I got your PM, your inbox is full so please delete some messages so I can amswer your question for you.

cheers.