PDA

View Full Version : No more recruiting!

ricardian
12th Dec 2017, 13:30
Capita’s disastrous Recruiting Partnership Project with the Ministry of Defence is so bug ridden that the Royal Air Force stopped taking on new recruits except for those in “priority roles”. (https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/12/12/raf_recruiting_halted_capita_drs_rpp/)

MATELO
12th Dec 2017, 15:08
Judging from the comments my good friend made last week, I suspect its people not wanting to join up which is the fundamental problem.

They are so desperate, after five years retired he has joined back up on a 3 day working week, agreed on his T&C's.

ricardian
12th Dec 2017, 16:34
I've just found this on YouTube. What a difference from the 20 man wooden huts at Cosford in 1959!

Haraka
12th Dec 2017, 16:36
They are so desperate, after five years retired he has joined back up on a 3 day working week, agreed on his T&C's.

Now probably reminding himself of why he left in the first place.........

Corporal Clott
12th Dec 2017, 17:54
If you want to do anything other than fly or maintain aircraft in the RAF, your application is on hold

And I understand that aircrew recruiting has been wound down because MFTS is such a cluster**** and there are now too many holding for the meagre amount of courses available in the near term. Why is Outsourcing and PFIs such a disaster waiting to happen - I can’t think of one good example? :ugh:

Melchett01
12th Dec 2017, 21:35
Why is Outsourcing and PFIs such a disaster waiting to happen - I can’t think of one good example?

Because they are a bit like a financial version of pass the parcel, only with a live grenade. Nobody wants the asset/responsibility on their books but everyone wants to make something from it. So the grenade gets passed on, the pin comes that little bit more loose at every stage as people seek to milk the situation until eventually it comes back to the start with the pin pulled and seconds to run for the original owner to do something about it to avoid disaster.

Always a Sapper
12th Dec 2017, 22:18
I've just found this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDHHrgNdlsI) on YouTube. What a difference from the 20 man wooden huts at Cosford in 1959!

At least there's a pretty good chance the 1959 Wooden Huts are still standing and useable after 58 years, one could not say the same for the SLAM blocks that are going up now!

ricardian
13th Dec 2017, 00:06
At least there's a pretty good chance the 1959 Wooden Huts are still standing and useable after 58 years, one could not say the same for the SLAM blocks that are going up now!

Yes, and those 1959 wooden huts were built circa 1939.

(And here on mainland Orkney the Episcopalian church (St Olaf's) in Kirkwall has a WW1 wooden hut which is still in use as a committee room & general purpose recreation room.)