PDA

View Full Version : Christmas crakers!

N707ZS
11th Dec 2017, 08:20
One from a local rag.

When should you tell your kids the truth about Father Christmas? Psychologist reveals his advice - Gazette Live (http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/should-you-tell-your-kids-14019484)

Trossie
11th Dec 2017, 09:11
... but, surely the truth is that Santa is real??!!!

cavortingcheetah
11th Dec 2017, 09:48
Once upon a time my team and I won a debate at my US university. We argued and proved that Father Christmas was real.
It was an occasion as memorably momentous in the magnificence of its summation as the Scopes trial.

charliegolf
11th Dec 2017, 10:03
Once upon a time my team and I won a debate at my US university. We argued and proved that Father Christmas was real.

If, (to misquote the US Treasury and 'Miracle on 34th St') 'In God we trust', well the cousins anyhoo, who can deny the existence of Santa?

CG

Pontius Navigator
11th Dec 2017, 10:27
I think the worst thing is shopping for presents with the child in tow. How do you convince the child that the big, I want that, comes home with you and then only reappears on the DAY?

I think Toys R Us missed a trick, come Halloween or Easter or whatever, reband the store as Santa's Show room or some such.

Cazalet33
11th Dec 2017, 10:30
I won a debate at my US university. We argued and proved that Father Christmas was real.

You jumped over a terribly low bar.

G-CPTN
11th Dec 2017, 12:18
I think that the story of St Nicholas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas_Day) adequately explains the 'myth' of Santa Claus.

Sympathetically told of course . . .

ricardian
11th Dec 2017, 13:02
Reminds me of the ancient jokes about the dyslexic chap who first of all sold his immortal soul to Santa but then choked on his own Vimto

cavortingcheetah
11th Dec 2017, 13:27
Cazalet33, I tend to agree with you, the opposing team were pixies from an all female institution of great intellectual renown.

UniFoxOs
11th Dec 2017, 15:42
What's a Craker?

trident3A
11th Dec 2017, 16:06
As they say:

First you believe in Santa
Then you don't believe in Santa
Then you are Santa
Then you look like Santa

Trossie
11th Dec 2017, 17:32
What's a Craker?
It's something that crakes.

Cazalet33
11th Dec 2017, 18:48
The opposing team were pixies from an all female institution of great intellectual renown.

That explains it all, as so often it does.

Chronus
11th Dec 2017, 19:30
It was an occasion as memorably momentous in the magnificence of its summation as the Scopes trial.

As TRIDENT3 puts it so eloquently:

"First you believe in Santa
Then you don't believe in Santa
Then you are Santa
Then you look like Santa"

Now if you had a Santa carrying toys in sacks high up around the chest and not in a sack slung over the back, to give evidence at your debate, then my faith would be instantly restored and I would be a believer again for the remainder of my days.

Blacksheep
12th Dec 2017, 12:30
if Santa isn't real, who put the coal in my socks last year? :confused:

fleigle
13th Dec 2017, 00:12
Blacksheep
"who put the coal in my socks last year?"
Santa was obviously a Geordie last year.....
f