PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe via Internet Explorer - not working

WE Branch Fanatic
10th Dec 2017, 17:46
Just got back this evening after a week since I last accessed PPRuNe on this machine, via IE, and I simply get "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage". Has something changed?

I used to like using it the old way....

Danny42C
10th Dec 2017, 18:33
So I'm not the only one ! What gives ?

ShyTorque
10th Dec 2017, 21:33
Firefox is unaffected...

Saab Dastard
10th Dec 2017, 22:27
I suspect it may be due to the unannounced switch to https of the pprune.org website.

Try clearing cache & cookies. Disable all add-ons - if it works, add them back one by one until it doesn't.

SD

jimjim1
11th Dec 2017, 09:23
One thing to check is that the date and time (and timezone, daylight savings) are correct on your computer. There is a tolerance which I am unable to determine (I think it is several minutes or more) however it is OK to set the clock manually. You don't need to be set to the second.

You get all kinds of weird error messages reported by the browsers various, rarely helpful, in the event that you should attempt to use https with the time incorrect.

I have my PC set to "Use Internet Time".

When I press the "Update now" button there is often an error reported however the time does usually get adjusted anyway. I at present just point it at "time.windows.com" although I have noticed fewer reported errors with say "0.pool.ntp.org".

Once you have internet time enabled and pointed to a server you can force an update from the command line or a batch file with

w32tm /resync

This is handy since the "update now" button is quite a few clicks away. You may need "Run as administrator".

Danny42C
11th Dec 2017, 10:14
Google Chrome works all right for me, but Internet Explorer still on strike. Can PPRuNe management help ?

Geordie_Expat
11th Dec 2017, 12:30
No help but IE11 working fine for me.

MitzuWolf
30th Apr 2018, 21:03
Hi, I can't post a new thread, both IE and Chrome, but I can reply existing post. I sent an email to support.
Any suggestion?

IBobi
30th Apr 2018, 23:01
Just got back this evening after a week since I last accessed PPRuNe on this machine, via IE, and I simply get "Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage". Has something changed?

I used to like using it the old way....
IE 11 working fine for me. What is your system? What do you mean by "not working"?