PDA

View Full Version : Current Lucky Air Captains?

Switchbait
10th Dec 2017, 09:25
Gday,
Any current Lucky Air Captains on here? I’m heading up in the new year, and would like to make contact with anyone currently on contract with Lucky.

Cheers

skytrotter14
4th Mar 2018, 18:19
Hello,

Does anybody have any updated information regarding Lucky Air working conditions? I will be free next year and would be interested to work a few years in China.

Any information is welcome! Thank you.

Switchbait
4th Mar 2018, 19:53
Hello,

Does anybody have any updated information regarding Lucky Air working conditions? I will be free next year and would be interested to work a few years in China.

Any information is welcome! Thank you.

Gday Skytrotter,
I abandoned my Lucky Air plans after conditions there went south considerably.
In a general sense, the information I was given was that it had become very disorganised, not enough crew to run the airline,( in part due to the CAAC putting an embargo on foreign Captains in South West Division, and then due to HNA Group financial woes) so rosters we just maxed out CAAC limits and it had become an unhappy place to be.

My agency was aware of the problems there also, and was no longer recommending them.

A bit of a shame, because on all accounts it was a good gig.

I’m now going through the process with Xiamen Air instead now.

Cheers
Switchbait

skytrotter14
4th Mar 2018, 21:20
Hi Switchbait,

Thank you for the information. I suspected that they might have problems... so it is unfortunately true. Did you get in contact with somebody working there?

Xiamen Air is a good alternative in my opinion. Good luck with the selection process. Perhaps you'll give us info the future if you get a job there!

Take care!

soliloquy
10th Mar 2018, 20:25
Switchbait
Any updates on Lucky Air, how is Xiamen going. Thinking of doing 3 to 5 years in China mostly to live there.