PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter pilot urgently requires O RH Negative blood.

Turco
10th Dec 2017, 03:12
Dear RotorHeads,

One of our brothers has been struck down with a rare cancer and is in need of our help.

Canadian Captain Curt Purdue, Currently with ADA and formally with Weststar and CHC is in urgent need of O RH negative blood to continue his fight.

Curt is receiving treatment at the World Medical Centre in Bangkok and this blood type is very rare in Thailand.

If anyone has a couple of pints to spare and could arrange transport to Bangkok, His wife and little daughter would be in awesome appreciation.

Or please contact Curt's wife who can assist with the import or PM myself.

Feel free to share this post with our fixed wing mates who may be able to find away to fly it to Thailand.

Any help greatly appreciated! Lets try and bring Curt home to his family for Christmas.

Thanks everyone!

Dirk Fisher.

Old Farang
10th Dec 2017, 03:22
Dear RotorHeads,

One of our brothers has been struck down with a rare cancer and is in need of our help.

Canadian Captain Curt Purdue, Currently with ADA and formally with Weststar and CHC is in urgent need of O RH negative blood to continue his fight.

Curt is receiving treatment at the World Medical Centre in Bangkok and this blood type is very rare in Thailand.

If anyone has a couple of pints to spare and could arrange transport to Bangkok, His wife and little daughter would be in awesome appreciation.

Or please contact Curt's wife who can assist with the import or PM myself.

Feel free to share this post with our fixed wing mates who may be able to find away to fly it to Thailand.

Any help greatly appreciated! Lets try and bring Curt home to his family for Christmas.

Thanks everyone! Dirk Fisher.
I live in Bangkok and can post this on a local expat blog, but I would need better contact details before doing so.

Turco
10th Dec 2017, 03:44
Thanks very much Old Farang.

Prims phone number is +66 869822888
email: [email protected]

Cheers!

Dirk.

Old Farang
11th Dec 2017, 02:43
Thanks very much Old Farang.

Prims phone number is +66 869822888
email: [email protected]

Cheers! Dirk.
Not sure if the T&Cs permit this but the biggest expat online blog in Thailand is as follows. I know for a fact that they have posted such requests in the past, so it may be worth checking. I will post it on a regional blog also. (http://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=35662)

https://www.thaivisa.com/

oleary
11th Dec 2017, 03:12
..... I have advanced prostate cancer.

I have emailed my doc regarding whether or not I can safely donate.

We will do anything we can to help. Good luck.

John Eacott
11th Dec 2017, 09:57
..... I have advanced prostate cancer.

I have emailed my doc regarding whether or not I can safely donate.

We will do anything we can to help. Good luck.

I was denied donating blood for five years and until my surgeon officially declared me cancer free. I suspect that may be the case for you; my condolences on your diagnosis.

funderrc
11th Dec 2017, 11:57
Curt passed away today. A really nice guy.

Turco
11th Dec 2017, 15:30
Dear all,
Thanks so much for your posts, advice and support.

Curt pulled pitch late this afternoon on his final departure from this world.

Godspeed young fella, No torque limits on this trip mate!

Heartfelt thoughts go to his wife Prim and little Daughter Ranada, His Mum and Dad also who a few of us recently met.

My glass is now raised.... To one of the best! Cheers!

Dirk.

Old Farang
12th Dec 2017, 04:54
Dear all,
Thanks so much for your posts, advice and support.

Curt pulled pitch late this afternoon on his final departure from this world.

Godspeed young fella, No torque limits on this trip mate!

Heartfelt thoughts go to his wife Prim and little Daughter Ranada, His Mum and Dad also who a few of us recently met.

My glass is now raised.... To one of the best! Cheers!

Dirk.
Oh, damn. I have just had an email from a guy in Bangkok that was prepared to donate. RIP brother.