PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Canavia Flight School?

67North
9th Dec 2017, 14:36
Hey there!

First post at this forum.

I am currently a Norwegian PPL(a)-holder with the ATPL theory completed and now thinking of completing my CPL/IR-ME this winter. I have been sporadicly in contact with a ATO located at Gran Canary Island called Canavia Flight School. My first impression is quite good, apart from the fact that it takes a couple of days for a email-reply to find its way to my inbox.

Before putting all my hard-earned money in one big basket, I wondered if anyone out there know of this flight school and would like to share their experience?

Thanks!

Sodastream
9th Dec 2017, 18:49
Not heard of them myself, but I would strongly suggest you get on a plane and visit the school. Take a tour of the facilities, talk to the instructors and students there, check out the state of the aircraft, before you part with even 1 euro.

This will answer pretty much all your questions and you will be in a much better position to decide where to train. It's a minefield when choosing a school, but always trust your gut reaction.

67North
9th Dec 2017, 19:09
Thanks for the reply :)

I`ll try to plan for a quick visit at the school, thats a good idea. Anything in particular one should be focused on while visiting? I guess its easy to be kind of blindsided by certain things while other things pass one by :p What is a classic dealbreaker?

rudestuff
10th Dec 2017, 11:58
.. And make it a surprise visit

B2N2
14th Dec 2017, 08:27
a couple of days for a email-reply to find its way to my inbox.

This could be both good or bad.
They may simply have one person dealing with emails and the school is very busy.
Or the place is a mess and people are answering emails whenever.
School is close enough for you to visit.
Don’t show up unannounced.
It may seem like the right thing to do as they won’t have time to organize a dog and pony show for your benefit but it also means that the people you need to talk to may not be there or otherwise engaged.
I always liked advance notice so I could book enough time out of my day.

SeGMaN
28th Nov 2018, 23:03
any update?

SeGMaN
6th Dec 2018, 18:59
i see, i ve signed up with them for 30 hours cause i need it urgently in order to start ir-me as there is no other option in Europe in weather case. I will write a review about my experience

SeGMaN
5th Jan 2019, 17:42
So i did some time building there, they mainly oparate from gclb el berrier airport not gclp gran canaria, i liked mostly everything except mandatory safety pilot i flew with 4 of them i liked flying with 2 of them older ones but young ones lacked of good airmanship so i didnt enjoy much with this 2 young guys , hourly rate 170 eur including landing fees and accommodation, someone pm me about this school but i can not reply him cause his inbox is full, so if you are seeing this delete some messages and let me know

turbopropmike
5th Jan 2019, 18:19
170 euros per hour.! A friend of mine rents his plane for 99 euros hour, in the canaries, with safety pilot. He goes often to the sahara so its possible to build some time in morocco as well.

SeGMaN
5th Jan 2019, 20:21
170 euros per hour.! A friend of mine rents his plane for 99 euros hour, in the canaries, with safety pilot. He goes often to the sahara so its possible to build some time in morocco as well.

interesting, i really appreciate if yoy share some info about 99 eur and morocco as well

NovemberPapa
5th Jan 2019, 21:32
That person ;-) emptied his inbox. Apologies.