PDA

View Full Version : Apple Mac and Now TV

Boxkite Montgolfier
9th Dec 2017, 09:21
A word of warning to potential 'Apple' iMac subscribers to Now TV which provides access to Sports,Entertainment and Freeview Channels.
It does not work!
A problem has existed for a long time with no solution and it is very frustrating.
As a new subscriber I have been left with no answers despite frequent attempts to follow helpdesk advice! One is allowed 4 devices to watch NowTV but if you are an 'Apple man" then you have no solutions and NowTV do not offer any solutions nor compensation. I refer .of course, to watching Now TV on your Home Apple computer. Window systems seem to work Ok also IOs.

Background Noise
9th Dec 2017, 15:48
NowTV works for me on MacOS.

Boxkite Montgolfier
9th Dec 2017, 16:15
I did say it worked on Windows and iOS
Please supply some further useful comment if able!

Background Noise
9th Dec 2017, 17:55
Yes, I know, and I said it worked on MacOS - ie on a Mac.

You do need to download the NowTV app: https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-now-tv-player.

crewmeal
10th Dec 2017, 05:50
On a slightly different topic, It seems that You Tube will not be available on the Amazon Fire stick from next month. No wonder they've been selling them off cheap over the past few weeks.

https://www.lep.co.uk/whats-on/tv/amazon-fire-stick-users-won-t-be-able-to-watch-youtube-on-their-tv-from-january-1-8897579

ExXB
10th Dec 2017, 08:03
Crewmeal, I thought they could sell them at a premium with that feature. Oh, for the ability to turn off social media selectively on devices!

Boxkite Montgolfier
10th Dec 2017, 11:38
BN
The TV Player downloads but no channels can be watched. If you familiarise yourself with the Community Feedback you will see that this problem has existed for a long time.
It should be noted that NowTV advertising does not prewarn against this and other failures that are not compensated nor rectified.
New subscribers be warned!

Background Noise
10th Dec 2017, 12:33
Well I must be doing something wrong then because it seems to be working for me.