PDA

View Full Version : Swire Princes (& Princesses...)

rumncoke
9th Dec 2017, 02:02
Google 'Reuters Swire Prince'

That'll tell you all you need to know why Cathay finds itself in the godforsaken mess it is. Although personally I can't decide whether it's the cult or the wannabes that have destroyed this once proud airline.

PS
I would post the link, but I'm a newbie here and seems I need to be a little more active before I'm allowed to post url's.

Starbear
9th Dec 2017, 12:07
Worth a read even if only to realise that some outsiders can see that which insiders already know.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-cathay-pacific-strategy-analysis/as-cathay-pacific-wields-jobs-axe-swire-prince-culture-survives-idUKKBN1DZ391

Trafalgar
9th Dec 2017, 12:15
I have never loathed a 'family' and it's culture as much as this. Over two decades of witness to their complete lack of morals. There has to be a special place in hell...

lexxie747
10th Dec 2017, 11:18
Jamie Freed doesn't know the difference between A330 and B777, what else doesn't he know

Dan Winterland
10th Dec 2017, 13:44
Despite poor aircraft recognition, the article does underline the point that Swire are breeding managers who know little about airline operations. They are applying the same principles to all their businesses, be they be shipping lines, car franchises or bottling plants. This is why they decided to alienate their pilots just as the largest shortage of experienced operators for decades is starting to bite. They don't appear to understand that an airline cannot operate without experienced captains. They will learn very soon that they can't be replaced as easily as a coke bottling machine operator.

Basil
10th Dec 2017, 14:03
Neither John King nor Colin Marshall had an aviation background but BA did very well under their stewardship. In the 80s they turned the airline around.
Could be the quality of person and authority given to the senior managers.

CodyBlade
10th Dec 2017, 14:07
They are journalists not aviation people.

Like Aviation people won't know the difference between a Parker and Shaffer from 50 yards.

BusyB
10th Dec 2017, 14:51
Especially if they can't spell Sheaffer.

Sorry couldn't resist:)