PDA

View Full Version : Primera Air vs Norwegian

USERNAME_
8th Dec 2017, 16:13
Hi guys and gals,

I have been to assessment days for both Norwegian long haul from Gatwick and Primera Air from Stansted, and I have today been offered employment at both.
Both offer pretty much the same pay, roster and benefits, what concerns me more is job security.

Norwegian today came out in the news as being in quite considerable debt, and Primera being a new airline to the UK may not do as well as they predict.
Can anybody please offer Any insight into both of the airlines, and the airline you would choose!

Thanks

crewmeal
9th Dec 2017, 06:03
As I see it the main problem with carriers investing in new routes from the regions is if they don't work then they'll pull the flight. Low cost carriers are famous for this and although Primera is a new kid on the block with long haul investment at BHX and STN it remains to be seen if they'll make money. Norwegian seem to be the stronger carrier as they're investing heavily at LGW.

BehindBlueEyes
18th Dec 2017, 12:35
My niece has been offered employment as CC with Aer Lingus - drawback is the offer of six months unpaid leave every winter, “So, you can all go travelling.” A bit of a cheek really and certainly a cheap way of retaining staff.

She also had an offer from Norwegian, much more generous and better T&Cs. Downside is, she seems to be waiting forever for a training course to become available. She keeps emailing OSM and they’ve promised that she’s in the pipeline but still nothing. Anyone else experienced this and is it really worth her while holding on?

A and C
24th Dec 2017, 11:16
I think for job security reasons I would wait for Norwegian, the airline has problems dealing with its rapid expansion but is basicly sound as an airline can be ( unless you are the boss of an airline that’s pilots are jumping ship ).

BehindBlueEyes
24th Dec 2017, 21:14
Thanks for your reply A and C, much appreciated.

Generally disappointed with Aer Lingus’s approach all around. Niece has now been told that if she wants to take up the job offer, she will be placed in a holding pool for the foreseeable future. Good thing that it wasn’t her only option as it seems rather unprofessional from a leading carrier.

A and C
25th Dec 2017, 16:11
I had a job interview with Aer Lingus and it became clear from the start that the Woman from HR was running the interview with the Technical pilot having to play second fiddle to her.

I got lots of totaly inappropriate questions from her that left the pilot cringing with embarrassment ( me a 17,000 hour Captain gets asked if in mind shift work or having to work in uniform ). Into this interrogation I managed to inject a bit of levity ( or so I was thinking ) the pilot laughed but Mrs lemon face just scowled first at the pilot and then at me.

At that moment I realised that Aer Lingus had just failed the interview to become my employer.......... best steered clear of I think .