PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe and Chrome

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
6th Dec 2017, 20:23
I use Chrome as my primary browser. For the last few days, whenever I have tried to access PPRuNe I get this:

This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.pprune.org uses an unsupported protocol.

Any clues please?

FlightDetent
6th Dec 2017, 20:33
Hi HD. https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/index.html

Give it a try, as a first step of trouble shooting. I advise for a very careful reading of the dialogue panes and meticulous checking which boxes are ticked, to make sure you do not wipe something you wish to keep.

Saab Dastard
6th Dec 2017, 20:41
May have something to do with the fact that pprune seems to have moved to all-HTTPS (or at least tried to).

Main collateral damage seems to be that youtube links can no longer be embedded.

Not that there's been any official notification of the HTTPS migration. :rolleyes:

SD

The Range
6th Dec 2017, 21:47
Heathrow, now that you say it, I was getting the same thing, but I just had the OS reinstalled and I don't get that message anymore.

Jet II
7th Dec 2017, 00:18
Main collateral damage seems to be that youtube links can no longer be embedded.

Ah! - thought that was just me. Wonder if they will fix it.

jimtherev
7th Dec 2017, 21:54
IE here. Get the popup: "Only secure content is displayed".
Someone's obviously been being 'clever'!

Saab Dastard
7th Dec 2017, 22:40
Wonder if they will fix it.
They have, it is.

SD

Jet II
8th Dec 2017, 14:14
Testing :ok:

xzsOOLIsZ-U

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
8th Dec 2017, 16:13
SB said: "They have, it is."

Not here it isn't: This site can’t provide a secure connection
www.pprune.org uses an unsupported protocol.

Saab Dastard
8th Dec 2017, 19:20
Not here it isn't:
If you look carefully you will see that I was responding to a question about youtube links.

Can't comment on the secure connection thing - I've tried logging on with FF, IE11 and Chrome and don't see any problems. It may well be a client side configuration thing, so do try clearing the browser cache and cookies.

SD

Lantern10
8th Dec 2017, 22:02
Been using Chrome to view this site for over a year now and have never seen any messages like you describe.

gemma10
8th Dec 2017, 22:30
It`s strange isn`t it. All the recommended downloads for anti virus, adobe, various malware etc etc, you have to untick the boxes for Chrome if you don`t want it. I even had to untick it on a Rootkill piece of software recently. Why? Cos it`s part of Google. What part of sucking up to these outfits don`t people uinderstand? Two weeks ago I was even scammed by Amazon, but there lies another story. Thank heavens for Firefox. Chrome? :yuk::yuk::yuk: