PDA

View Full Version : Lower Abdomen painless spasms/ twitching

homesick rae
6th Dec 2017, 10:00
Morning All,

I've been getting central, lower abdomen spasms, twitching for a few weeks now. No pain whatsoever, bowel movements normal, bit of bloating occasionally. Some days it doesn't happen (more recently) and I also realise that if I tense my stomach muscles it stops....yes I have gone online - wrongly I know but any ideas? More annoying than worrying as I feel fine.

Anyone had similar or any ideas?

Many thanks

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
6th Dec 2017, 12:16
The quacks will have a name for it. My son has it around his eyes and I get the spasms anywhere but they all go away eventually.

Heathrow Harry
6th Dec 2017, 16:01
might be affects of a small hernia.. easily fixed with small op if that is the case

but see a quack ASAP - things down there can be serious if left......

homesick rae
7th Dec 2017, 09:46
Thanks for the replies. Hernia, did go through my mind but no pain, lump that I can speak of. Have no other symptoms and feel fine. I do sit at a desk all day and this sometimes occurs during the day (once and very briefly) but mostly in the evening whilst sitting watching TV (again only once). As I mentioned, when it happens, I can stop it but tensing my abdomen - whether that signifies anything I'm not sure.

Thanks

gingernut
7th Dec 2017, 17:30
I'm wondering if you may be describing "fasiculation."

Difficult to differntiate on here, without some key info, (age and gender for a start!).

Sounds innocent, see your quack who will no doubt ease your mind within minutes of listening to your story, and prodding your tummy :-)

homesick rae
8th Dec 2017, 07:28
Gingernut - male/ 55.

Going to quack later today!

homesick rae
11th Dec 2017, 11:54
FYI - doc has put it down to a nerve issue which could be related to my posture at work and pressure on spine - L3 I think she said. Sit at a desk all day so need to check how I sit etc.

Thanks for the responses.

gingernut
11th Dec 2017, 19:05
Sounds good HR.

Imagine a string going from your bum to the top of your head.

If you get the spasms again, pull the top of your string. It'll probably sort it out.

If it doesn't, or anythink else changes, re visit the doc.

bluesideoops
13th Dec 2017, 01:19
Psoas muscles! - look for yoga stretches and it'' resolve