PDA

View Full Version : Not so desirable after all

mngmt mole
6th Dec 2017, 06:52
I see in the latest Flight International that CX have an advert recruiting pilots. Why would that be necessary if they were 'knocking on the doors' in great numbers as per our managements claims. Perhaps the word is out amongst the pilot community worldwide, and anyone with a shred of self respect and common sense is giving the 'new' CX a wide berth. The internet has stripped our management of the anonymity their actions used to enjoy. Now everyone knows just how appalling they are to work for. Between the exponential resignation rate, and the falling intake, CX will soon be nothing more than an aircraft museum. Well done Swire's.

The FUB
6th Dec 2017, 10:01
Yep well said mm.

And of the 10 invited to interview 5 will show up and only 1 will be suitable. And if that 1 doesn't take the job?

Which is why there won't be any expansion. How will the DFO/GMA justify/spin this? Another missed opportunity?

Time To Wander

Scoreboard
6th Dec 2017, 13:02
heard there was supposed to be 6 starting in Adelaide as direct fo and only 2 turned up. 😂

Captain Dart
6th Dec 2017, 20:03
Interesting times. Here is what I posted on another forum: A screaming full page ad for Ryanair TR and NTR captains in my latest ‘Flight’ mag. (up there with a full page ad for Ethiopian...need I say more?) ‘What’s New’ and ‘Other Good Stuff’ highlighted. What was that about ‘cloud bunnies’ and ‘aerosexuals’ that O’Leary sneered about some years ago?

Years ago, a certain CX CEO supposedly referred to his pilots as 'million dollar morons'. Then there were the 49ers, 'sign or be fired', B scales, C scales, Z scales....the general contempt that these two airlines have held for their most highly qualified employees has been beyond the pale.

Now, these two airlines who have treated their pilots like excrement over the decades have assumed that there would be pilots falling over each other to join their outfits for ever and a day. Strangely, they now feel the need to advertise for more of them. I look forward to viewing the responses from the 'mangement' apologists on this forum.

Air Profit
6th Dec 2017, 20:11
Met two of our recent DEFO hires. Both said they were already looking to return back to Europe. One already had an interview set up. Said his significant other came and stayed for only 10 days, saying she was not willing to "live like that" (quote). As Anna said, bubbling with 'fresh enthusiasm' ! :rolleyes:

Basil
6th Dec 2017, 20:48
HEAR,HEAR! to all posts.
Those managers who haven't been pilots haven't the faintest idea of the work, dedication and innate ability to handle the job safely and successfully.
They may have a PPL or a mate who has but we know the difference.

p.s. AP, Didn't we once have a spat? Sorry.

Air Profit
6th Dec 2017, 20:58
all forgiven :ok:

flyhardmo
7th Dec 2017, 00:14
Those managers who haven't been pilots haven't the faintest idea of the work, dedication and innate ability to handle the job safely and successfully.

Even the pilot managers have sold their soul to the dollar. They are just as bad if not worse.

parabellum
7th Dec 2017, 04:03
When I was fifty years younger becoming an expat was much sought after, tax free salary, provident fund,, free accommodation, higher salary plus good allowances, most of the pilots were ex military and had been overseas before, their wives were equally keen and the education and travel allowances for kids were excellent. The non-military pilots of the day had been through a long hard slog as instructors, then got their first commercial job and served their 'apprenticeship' in the RHS of aircraft like the DC3, F27, Viscount etc. The idea of a 'Home Basing' was an anathema to expat pilots then.
So much has changed, the breed of pilots and families I have described simply don't exist anymore and management has largely fallen into local hands who see it as their God given right to stuff up the lives and careers of 'foreigners' :sad:

bringbackthe80s
7th Dec 2017, 18:43
This is a good view, finally. I wish I saw those times, not up to me I guess.
I' m shocked at the level of frustration I see on here most of the times, many people here should have been bank or post office clerks (with the most respect for both professions), so homesick and dreaming about being back home like some kind of nirvana. Didn' t you anticipate being abroad whn starting training? When I was a kid I dreamt of travelling and living all over the world, it hasn't changed now. Terms are going down the drain in all professions I get it, but honestly, so many threads about the same thing from so many people??
I' ll be slammed now I know, you' ll tell me the managers are destroying everything and everyone, and I actually completely agree with you. Thing is you get one life only, maybe time to move on?

Farman Biplane
7th Dec 2017, 22:40
A few of the senior generation at CX may have joined the one way ticket to expat nirvana.
However, the vast majority of the current pilots all joined with bases in their home countries being flaunted by the company as an attraction and retention feature in the overall package.

Trafalgar
7th Dec 2017, 23:18
...and how's that working out for everyone...? Hopefully the penny is beginning to drop with the younger generation and they will realise they are working for a lawless company with a management that doesn't hesitate to bully, intimidate, lie and discriminate. Combine that with a basically lawless Hong Kong (legally speaking) and you have the perfect combination for a career filled with chaos and misery. Don't miss your chance to join a proper airline in your home countries. This is the best opportunity in a generation. CX is finished as a career airline. They proved that yesterday.