PDA

View Full Version : Fox 1 on Taliban leader

CONSO
5th Dec 2017, 21:48
Vid Shows Taliban Commander's Death | The Daily Caller (http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/05/watch-the-us-obliterate-a-top-taliban-terror-leader-in-afghanistan-video/?utm_medium=email)

U.S. forces have obliterated top terror leaders in Afghanistan through recent strikes, and one video released by the Pentagon shows the lights being snuffed out of the Taliban’s “Red Unit” commander.

Not enough left to enjoy the 70 virgins- Just call him TALI blownapart !:ok:

Icare9
5th Dec 2017, 23:19
Puts a new angle on "Where's Wali" doesn't it?
Perhaps it was his genitalia in the sky that was being depicted (or de-dick-ted)?

Heathrow Harry
6th Dec 2017, 06:30
"lights snuffed out " - ????

Do they mean killed? If so why not say so.....................

Captain Dart
6th Dec 2017, 06:59
He could have used ‘deaded’.

Mahonda
6th Dec 2017, 07:17
He could have used ‘deaded’.
or... he is an ex-Tali Leader: he has ceased to be.

Pontius Navigator
6th Dec 2017, 09:37
Killed - interestingly our new Secretary of State for Defence didn't mince his words when visiting RAF Coningsby:

"They are at the front line, killing terrorists who want to bring death to our country."

He is whippet thin and looks as if he could pass the fitness test until some of the uniformed accompanying him.

Wander00
6th Dec 2017, 10:26
See he is playing "If you don't pay, we won't fly you home" with Hammond. Sa slightly tacky game.

Lonewolf_50
6th Dec 2017, 13:36
As they say in the NFL, so they say in the Taliban: next man up.
One video shows a recent strike on the Taliban’s Red Unit commander, Mullah Shah Wali, also known as Haji Nasir. His other AKA is not, one hopes, Tater Salad.
“Mullah Shah Wali’s death will disrupt the Taliban network, degrade their narcotics trafficking, and hinder their ability to conduct attacks against Afghan forces,” Army Gen. John Nicholson, top commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, said in a statement (http://rs.nato.int/news-center/press-releases/2017/afghan-and-us-forcesafghanistan-kill-top-terrorist-leaders.aspx). For a few weeks, I suppose.
“This operation is a testament to the real growth the Afghan forces have achieved over the past year,” Nicholson added. (http://rs.nato.int/news-center/press-releases/2017/afghan-and-us-forcesafghanistan-kill-top-terrorist-leaders.aspx) “It is also another example of the lethality of the undefeated Afghan Special Forces and the success of working side by side with our Afghan partners.” Yeah, the Patriots were undefeated, 18-0, until the Giants beat them in the super bowl. I can only say that the this kind of hyperbole is empty. I wish they'd stop using it.

BEagle
6th Dec 2017, 18:02
Fox 1

I think not....:rolleyes:

Pontius Navigator
7th Dec 2017, 17:42
I see today that Min Def has been taken to task for using the K word.

West Coast
7th Dec 2017, 20:03
lights snuffed out " - ????

Did you truly not understand what was meant?

Brian W May
7th Dec 2017, 21:27

More's the pity. I thought for a moment we had a politician with balls. Watch him backtrack now all the LDGs are on the case . . .

LDG = Lefty Do-Gooder

Basil
7th Dec 2017, 23:36
Just in from pub but - the pollies job is to stop us going to war which is the worst of all options BUT, if they fail, the mil job is kill.
Had the public, and possibly many of our Bomber Command crew, seen what was wreaked in German cities in WW2 they may have objected.
The bottom line is: would you rather their babies were killed or yours?
My view is that the greatest war crime is losing.

Octane
8th Dec 2017, 03:07
One wonders how they knew who exactly was in the car...?

Pontius Navigator
8th Dec 2017, 08:11
Octane, and did he have a weapon in his hand that he could discharge?

On returning Jihadists that have seen the light and are now on the road to Damascus, they would say that, wouldn't they.

He is quite right, strip their citizenship and send them back whence they came. Let the sinner repent in the Holy land.

Heathrow Harry
8th Dec 2017, 15:38
"
Quote:
lights snuffed out " - ????
Did you truly not understand what was meant?"

of course I do - I just hate childish euphemisms - if you mean killed by not just say it???

Heathrow Harry
8th Dec 2017, 15:42
"strip their citizenship and send them back whence they came."

emotionally correct - legally impossible

I wouldn't offer any help to get them out of whatever s******* they are stuck in and if the locals decide on summary justice I'm not spilling a tear but if they come back let's just make sure we grill them properly - names, dates... confession is good for the soul

West Coast
8th Dec 2017, 18:57
course I do - I just hate childish euphemisms - if you mean killed by not just say it???

So despite the question marks, effective communication was completed.

Melchett01
8th Dec 2017, 21:24

Missed that - who was bleating?

Lantern10
8th Dec 2017, 21:44
let's just make sure we grill them properly

Yes on number 8 for about half an hour will do it nicely.

jolihokistix
9th Dec 2017, 07:32
We see a fireball speeding along on a still-running engine and wheels, but from that clip who or what was inside, only those who targeted it will know for sure.