PDA

View Full Version : "C" Scale STC!

Toe Knee Tiler
5th Dec 2017, 12:23
That is what I have been told. Taken this to extend his contract. :ugh:

Trafalgar
5th Dec 2017, 12:36
Yes, it's true. The bigger point to consider is just how desperate the company is to keep trainers/checkers to throw aside their own rules to make this exception. The wheels are falling off (although there will always be someone who sells themselves cheaply). The training department can barely cope, and this is living proof of that fact. To all the rest of the C and T members, take note.

TurningFinalRWY36
5th Dec 2017, 12:56
Game over, can't win now, not when guys will sell their souls at their own expense and the expense of their colleagues. Watch this space but this will be used against us. C or D scale for a contract extension

Trafalgar
5th Dec 2017, 13:18
Of course it will. What part of 'ever decreasing terms' haven't you figured out about CX yet? At least I see many of my colleagues (as well as myself) leaving early. It does amaze me how people could have had full terms and conditions to 65, but end up working for C/D scale for that extra 10 years. Hard to have nothing but contempt for these individuals (of which CX seems to excel in employing). At least the middle-seniority pilots have figured it out and are actively seeking a better career elsewhere. Regardless, the fight is bigger than a few COS99'ers, and we need to focus our efforts on demonstrating our true worth this holiday season.

Toe Knee Tiler
5th Dec 2017, 14:32
CH .ristmas will be here soon on 777 s.hawley that is known

AQIS Boigu
5th Dec 2017, 16:19
From A to B to C scale 😱

Arfur Dent
5th Dec 2017, 17:11
So they are already STC's but have accepted C scale pay in order to avoid retiring at 55 and work, on those terms, to 65?
Guess they must REALLY love working for Cathay……….

oriental flyer
5th Dec 2017, 19:31
What a Pratt , decline to go onto B scales a number of years ago because he wanted to retain COS 99 and now thumbs his nose at everyone to take a C scale extension .
Absolutely nothing but contempt for this individual

cxorcist
5th Dec 2017, 21:13
I have no idea whom this is, but I recommend not taking a PC or LC from said individual if the contempt is so high.

morningcoffee
5th Dec 2017, 21:55
So after much pushing by the pilot body the poor company finally gives in. ARAPA heads for the ****ter as hkpa is apparently now plenty. CC heads for the ****ter as everyone extending to 65 is in training.
And C scalers get an extra 3 yrs as an S/O and F/O thanks to everyone going to 65.
Next AOA vote will be interesting. Probably why B scalers wanted to do a “vote for your own conditions only” while shafting those who joined CX after them.
As always, every man for himself.

cxorcist
5th Dec 2017, 22:00
Make no mistake MC, whether a pilot or management, you ARE the problem.

SOPS
5th Dec 2017, 22:21
Am I getting this right? These individuals were A scale captains, retired, and are now sim instructors on a C scale..am I understanding this correctly?

Don't these people have a life...are they so devoid of any personality that the only thing they can define themselves as is "A Cathay Person".

What a sad bunch they must be.

morningcoffee
5th Dec 2017, 22:27
Make no mistake MC, whether a pilot or management, you ARE the problem.
If I’m the problem because I’ve mentioned the very sad fact that there’s actually very little unity, then I’m really not the problem. But you go ahead, if it makes you feel better.

cxorcist
5th Dec 2017, 22:37
Why would you want to point that out unless you are Management?

What you are missing is market forces. Regardless of unity, pilots can always vote with their feet. Sure, the cubicle pilots at the bottom of the seniority list are stuck and maybe some with HK homes already paid off stay, but everyone else can leave. Many will, and how does that work in the face of a training ban and a growing airline?

You and the other fake management want to make the airline smaller? Go ahead, see where that gets you. It will only accelerate the departure of qualified pilots and decent revenues.

Admit it, CX is in the proverbial death spiral. No matter what they do, it only gets worse, unless they want to do the right thing, which apparently is not an option. Face saving?

So, I will watch the airline sink, milk it for every last cent, and then jump into a liferaft supplied by the booming demand for pilots. Where will you go? Another Coke bottling plant in the Mainland? Enjoy!

Trafalgar
5th Dec 2017, 23:16
MC, you obviously have a very shallow and meaningless life. You desperately attempt to milk every negative issue affecting the pilots, demonstrating a smug joy at every turn. In truth, your very substance as an individual has been corrupted and bought by the modern day corporate equivalent of a well known political party in 1930's Germany. Something to be proud of no doubt. While you desperately click away at your keyboard attempting to justify the unjustifiable, the real demolition of you and your kind is well underway. On Monday I flew with three pilots. Two have already interviewed, one already accepted and awaiting a course date, the other awaiting almost a certain job offer. That in and of itself would be damaging enough to CX. The real 'nail in coffin' info was that both of them knew a dozen or more close colleagues who were already deep into the same process. One of them was interviewing the same day as a further 4 CX colleagues. So, please....keep pretending you and your cabal still have the upper hand. There is a song about you and your kind...'The King of Nothing'. While you ponder messing around with ever increasingly unobtainable aircrew, the ones you have (the only truly responsible employees, and the ones who have really created the reputation of the airline over the years) are fading away to other employers faster than you can keep count. It's too late. The middle 80% of aircrew in this airline have concluded that NOTHING you now falsely promise is worth staying for. Your lack of integrity, immorality and outright bullying and deceit has finally pushed most of us to the breaking point. There is no faith left, no trust left, no loyalty left. Congratulations...an epic accomplishment in the annals of airline management. In fact, we should thank you: you have enabled hundreds if not thousands of us the opportunity to reevaluate whats important in life, and it sure as hell isn't CX. I will soon be enjoying a comfortable retirement in France, enjoying sipping my coffee and being a small beacon of reason and contempt against the malignancy you represent. There will never be a day for CX management to rest, as you and the rest of your cockroaches will be chased by the light wherever you may scurry.

BlunderBus
6th Dec 2017, 04:34
Let’s not forget the 250 captains signed up to interview with longreach ! That would make a dent in operations :)

mngmt mole
6th Dec 2017, 05:06
I know of 6 Captains, 4 of whom are leaving for other jobs, two retiring early. All of them made their decisions since September. Tip of the proverbial iceberg.

mngmt mole
6th Dec 2017, 05:07
Common theme: sick of the lies and constant threat to their and their family's lifestyle and long term security. All happy to be heading home.

Rice power
6th Dec 2017, 08:33
Blunderbus, the number was closer to 400 crew, of which I was one.

checklistcomplete
6th Dec 2017, 12:27
What is totally sickening is this STC is an AOA member.

positionalpor
6th Dec 2017, 14:12
I am afraid Trafalgar is right. Every time I fly, there is always at least 1 crew member who has an application in or an interview somewhere.
What a pity

poydras
6th Dec 2017, 20:01
In the mean time......

American Airlines announces that it has solved the problem of pilot shortage during the holiday period. The airline offered to pay 200% of the usual wage rate for those employees, willing to take up the understaffed flights, which are estimated to cause the company approximately $10 million.

American Airlines issued a statement, claiming that it has solved “some concern as to whether our flights over the December holidays would have adequate pilot staffing”. After the scheduling error became known, American offered extra pay to pilots willing to take up the flights. The initial offer of 150% was increased to 200% in the final deal. Although the real cost of the mix up is unknown, the media accounts that this deal might cost American around $10 million.

“We are pleased to report that together, American and the Allied Pilots Association have put that worry to rest to make sure our flights will operate as scheduled”, said the statement by American Airlines. “By working together, we can assure customers that among the many stresses of the season, worrying about a canceled flight won’t be one of them. In short, if Santa is flying, so is American. Much appreciation to APA President Capt. Dan Carey and our 15,000 professional aviators who are doing their part to cover the holiday schedule and beyond”.

American Airlines is working to repair its complicated employer-employee relations, but this is coming at a high price, Bloomberg reports. The latest agreement, together with mid-contract pay increases announced in April 2017 and 22% wage increases to mechanics, bag handlers and others announced in 2016, puts estimations of the airline’s expenses related to employee relations at over $1 billion.

In November 2017, a software glitch of American Airlines left thousands December 2017 flights without assigned pilots during the holiday period. Too many time off was given for pilots between December 17 and 31 because of an error, which caused the scheduling system to show sufficient staffing coverage for planned flights. As a result, over 15,000 flights were left without pilots.

mngmt mole
6th Dec 2017, 20:22
Oh, they only increased their baggage handlers pay by a measly 22%...! Barely acceptable. Pilot pay is up over 30%. You can see the similarity with CX. :rolleyes: THAT is the reason we are all staying loyal to AT and committing our careers and family's future to CX and HK....oh, wait...hang on :eek:

Air Profit
6th Dec 2017, 20:25
Wasn't it AT who said that if "we were mainly here for pay and benefits" we should probably look for employment elsewhere? What on earth other reason would be here for AT?, the clean air, large living space and pleasant locals?? I think I will be taking her advice, very soon.

BlunderBus
12th Dec 2017, 17:46
It has all been reduced to ‘just for the money’ so be it.
I did like RH’s spiel in the December newsletter...
“ to win with our customers we must win with our people”!!
Off to a great start.

mngmt mole
12th Dec 2017, 22:42
You honestly couldn't make up this drivel. As you said Blunder, "off to a great start". They lie to themselves just as much as they lie to us, and eventually they lose track of the lies. The problem is that they have no shame regarding their complete lack of integrity. Others have put it better than I, but for any of the comments on Yammer to have an effect, it needs to be backed up by an operational impact. That is up to us.

CoastalCommand
13th Dec 2017, 08:33
What is totally sickening is this STC is an AOA member.

Not too sure that is the truth!

CoastalCommand
13th Dec 2017, 08:35
Am I getting this right? These individuals were A scale captains, retired, and are now sim instructors on a C scale..am I understanding this correctly?

Don't these people have a life...are they so devoid of any personality that the only thing they can define themselves as is "A Cathay Person".

What a sad bunch they must be.

No this individual will continue to be a Captain on the trouble7

Oasis
13th Dec 2017, 12:37
Wasn't it AT who said that if "we were mainly here for pay and benefits" we should probably look for employment elsewhere? What on earth other reason would be here for AT?, the clean air, large living space and pleasant locals?? I think I will be taking her advice, very soon.

I'm here because of the Illy coffee....

Shep69
13th Dec 2017, 14:58

I think ONE thing that kept people here was the sense of teamwork and camaraderie that had existed. One had a sense of justifiable pride in ones' airline and the people who made the product happen. We did it better and were the folks who made things happen. Striving for excellence.

With a potential side benefit of seeing parts of the world you might not otherwise get to see.

And enjoy coming to work and doing what you do.

Sadly much of that HAS been destroyed over the years--and to me has accelerated recently. Largely due to loss of confidence and trust; chiseling away at the pay and benefits being one particular breach of trust. As well as incoherent rostering making a relatively simple task unnecessarily difficult and fatiguing. So now you're stuck with something that's at best just a job. Hence the large amount of folks looking elsewhere. I think one strives for professional development and having a satisfying career. ONE aspect of this might be money, but there are so many more factors that are important. To me at least the job has lost much of what it might have had going for it.

When I hire someone to work on something I care about (whether that's car, house, or even me or a loved one) I want someone I can trust who cares about what they are doing. And I do whatever I can to hire the best and take good care of them. If I don't particularly care ABOUT product (and don't mind a sh!tty car that is unreliable) then maybe not as much. But most of us don't want this in things we care about.

So we take good care of the help. Knowing that WE have to live with what THEY do and the quality of it.

Not to mention it's the right thing to do. I want happy and grateful folks in what is my home. If I cheat them, chisel them, or am a cheap bastage (and hound and berate them, lie to them, or discount the job they've chosen as a career) my result is probably going to suck. And I'm the one stuck living with it (as well as with having a reputation of being a pr!ck who people don't want to work for).

This isn't where I want to be or the person I want to be.

Perhaps others don't care.

BusyB
13th Dec 2017, 16:04
Good post Shep:ok:

Dragon69
14th Dec 2017, 01:17
So now you're stuck with something that's at best just a job. Hence the large amount of folks looking elsewhere.

Not to mention Hong Kong ain't what it used to be. It's become extremely expat unfriendly, overcrowded, and ridiculously expensive. The cons completely outweigh the pros.