PDA

View Full Version : Singaporeair SO Cadetship

rolothedodo
4th Dec 2017, 23:04
Hey all,

Just chasing up some info on the cadetship;

1) Salary after type rating (as an SO), and incremental increase each year
2) Minimum time as an SO, ways to advance as FO quickly
3) What is expected if you only hold a Valid ICAO CPL, will they give you time to complete ATPL'S before commencement of type rating?
4) how long will the type rating take to complete from start to finish?
5) placement on aircraft before type rating commmences?
6) will you be paid a salary while training for a type rating as a SO? if so what is it?
7) the website says minimum service time is 7 years after FO placement, is that correct?
8) so captains have a choice of placement for their base (im assuming according to their aircraft on type that they can fly)?
9) career progression if you want to change to work in management?
10) I have a CASA CPL, would I need to convert to a singapore licence before I make the application? or would that be part of the SO training?
11) what exactly makes up the SO training? is it ATPL exams for CAAS licence, as well as type rating as well as a licence conversion?
12) accommodation, is it part of the training for SO and type rating? or would I have to find my own accommodation?

Im sure there will be more questions that pop up as time goes by.

Thanks all

wonderland
5th Dec 2017, 00:47
Are you Singaporean or a PR?

HH Chan
5th Dec 2017, 14:25
Hey all,

Just chasing up some info on the cadetship;

1) Salary after type rating (as an SO), and incremental increase each year
2) Minimum time as an SO, ways to advance as FO quickly
3) What is expected if you only hold a Valid ICAO CPL, will they give you time to complete ATPL'S before commencement of type rating?
4) how long will the type rating take to complete from start to finish?
5) placement on aircraft before type rating commmences?
6) will you be paid a salary while training for a type rating as a SO? if so what is it?
7) the website says minimum service time is 7 years after FO placement, is that correct?
8) so captains have a choice of placement for their base (im assuming according to their aircraft on type that they can fly)?
9) career progression if you want to change to work in management?
10) I have a CASA CPL, would I need to convert to a singapore licence before I make the application? or would that be part of the SO training?
11) what exactly makes up the SO training? is it ATPL exams for CAAS licence, as well as type rating as well as a licence conversion?
12) accommodation, is it part of the training for SO and type rating? or would I have to find my own accommodation?

Im sure there will be more questions that pop up as time goes by.

Thanks all

I would love to reply you with some answers..but jus wait a while. Some one will soon...a.k.a EDTO??

parabellum
5th Dec 2017, 21:39
Not sure how SIA is these days but, at one time, if you were not a Singaporean, (National Service completed), or a Malaysian, you would not be offered a cadetship, or starting as an SO. HH Chan will know! ;)

HH Chan
6th Dec 2017, 10:58
Not sure how SIA is these days but, at one time, if you were not a Singaporean, (National Service completed), or a Malaysian, you would not be offered a cadetship, or starting as an SO. HH Chan will know! ;)

why quote me?? I old man...dont know anyting...ask ETOPS man la