PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific crew saw North Korean missile from plane

gearlever
4th Dec 2017, 11:47
Chances to got hit may be small but it still must be a scary observation....
Cathay Pacific not changing routes despite crew?s suspected sighting of North Korean missile test | South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/economy/article/2122709/cathay-pacific-not-changing-routes-despite-suspected-crew)

aterpster
4th Dec 2017, 12:14
The authors don't know a SAM from a cruise missile.

gearlever
4th Dec 2017, 12:18
Yeah but the outcome would be the same.....

jetjockey696
4th Dec 2017, 14:07
Cathay Pacific crew saw North Korean missile from plane, airline says - CNN (http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/04/asia/north-korea-cathay-crew-missile/index.html)

Average Fool
4th Dec 2017, 17:22
Lots of trouble makers based in SFO.

Hmmm

cxorcist
4th Dec 2017, 19:56
There are lots of trouble makers on all the bases and in Hong Kong too. That’s what happens when an employer lies, cheats, and steals from their employees. They stop being good employees.

Trafalgar
4th Dec 2017, 20:00
Being a 'trouble maker' is a label the management apply. The employee is usually just reacting in the only ways possible to the constant attacks they are subjected to by a management not fit for purpose. You could say that such employees are 'good employees', as their actions are the only thing working to constrain the constant destruction wreaked on this airline by incompetent management.

Response Ability
5th Dec 2017, 04:00
"In the event that if normal communication is rendered dysfunctional within the Seoul Flight Information Region should there be an attack from the north, Cathay pilots can still contact the airline’s Hong Kong headquarters."

I don't have 10 posts so I can't post the URL. You can find the article on zerohedge website then use their search for "We Witnessed The DPRK" omitting the quotation marks.

jolihokistix
5th Dec 2017, 05:57
aterpster, surely a SAM would be going up, even if anyone was firing one around there?
Quote from above article:

Mark Hoey, also a former 747 chief pilot, said: “Today [November 29] the crew of CX893 reported, ‘Be advised, we witnessed the DPRK missile blow up and fall apart near our current location. We advised ATC [air traffic control] and ops [operations] normal. Just letting you know’.

Oasis
5th Dec 2017, 06:52
Why are they scaring the cabin crew with all this sat phone crap?
If they are that scared that Nk will invade or bomb, suspend your layovers, like Colombo way back...

JumpJumpJump
5th Dec 2017, 14:55
This is yet another post that I can not understand the logic behind this being moved from Rumours and News, as I think that this really is something that affects us all. Am I alone on this?

gearlever
5th Dec 2017, 22:14
90% of my threads on pprune are burried somewhere....