PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Assist New Flight School

NO SMOKE NO FIRE
18th Jul 2002, 20:16
Wow!! Pilot Assist College
They just keep surprising us, don't they! First ATPL ground school, now a flight school!

Some useful advice I was an ex student of there's (no this is not a bitch about them, but some friendly advice) ex student because I had some founded douts about how stable the company was and is. If you are tied up with them at the moment make sure you pay by credit card for any large sums of money, enough said on that.

Overall I think they have the right approach to training but they still do not have the experience or expertease of say Oxford or Cabair to be able to provide a quality product. This not to say that I did not enjoy my time at PAC quite the opposite, but I don't think they are able to provide me or any one else with the best possible training. Eg when I said I had some dout's about the written exams the reply I got shocked me "don't worry we have enough feed back now to get the weakest student through" not realy what I needed to hear I paid them for training not past papers, ( although they do help).

On a final note I am not trying to put people off but, advise on what I have seen and wish all the other guy's that are there the best of luck.

Send Clowns
18th Jul 2002, 21:50
I applaude your attitude to the exams: feedback is useful, not the basis of a good course. The rest of your comments on PAC's course I cannot comment on with no experience, though I can say their CGI is very good, he was a colleague of mine at SFT.

However, I think it is rather unfair to spread anonymous rumours about the financial stability of a company without giving any good foundation. By all means advise people in general to be careful with their mony, and wary of companies wanting all money upfront, that is good advice, but it is good advice for all courses, unless you can really back up your claims well then you have libelled PAC and would lose in court. Even in this case you will upset PPRuNe and this thread is likely to be deleted.

There is no way of knowing who you are: you may be a competitor, or a student with a grievance real or unfounded against PAC. I suggest you try to lok at your post how someone else, who does not know PAC or you will see it before posting!

That said I wish you (and all at PAC) best of luck in exams!

NO SMOKE NO FIRE
19th Jul 2002, 21:12
Hi send clowns, thanks for the encouragement on the exams,
which CGI were you refering to Chris(who has now left) or Gerry, both of which are very good
and neither of which was the person making the comment about studying the feedback.
On the point about the finances of the company, I was in the MD's office and for all to see was a print out of what was owed and the break down of who to and it did not make for happy reading, and along with all the read reminders in the intray. I do not want to see what happend with SFT PPSC and Four Forces students happen again with PAC. That's all I'm going to say.
Good luckwith your career send clowns.

phd
19th Jul 2002, 21:16
no smoke no fire

Not sure of your motives for this posting. I am a potential student of PAC and am looking at them as well as all the other training providers before making a decision on who to study with for the ATPL theory. There are many good quality, flying training organisations throughout the UK that are not as large and established as say Oxford or Cabair - but still offer a quality training product and may do so at a more competitive price than the larger schools which may have greater overheads. I believe PAC is one such organisation.

Do not forget that all UK flying training organisations are closely regulated and frequently audited by the CAA to ensure consistent standards are achieved. The adequacy of the training is therefore not really in question.

I agree that the buyer should always beware when spending thousands of pounds on any product or service, as even the biggest and best of companies sometimes hit hard times. You therefore need to limit your liability with whoever you train with. However I believe there is no evidence to suggest that PAC is any more or less financially robust than any other UK school. Look around, chose the school that is the right one for you, drive a hard bargain, pay with a credit card and then get stuck into the studying.

Just another student
20th Jul 2002, 17:57
All I can say is that I am a student of Pilot Assist College, and have no complaints what so ever. The CGI is not only a top bloke, but to say he knows what he is talking about is an understatement! If you plan to make harmful comments about a company please back them with evidence. That is not a personal go at you, however it can give a bad impression to any potential students. Basically pay for nothing upfront when using any company!

NO SMOKE NO FIRE
20th Jul 2002, 18:17
Hi Just Another Student,
I agree entirely about the CGI I think Gerry is a great instructor and very helpfull.Top marks.
Refer to earlier post about what I saw in the MD's office, the real problem came when I asked for my 8K CDL loan to be transferd to another training provider, I was told, "that was going to be difficult because that money was already in the cash flow and there would be problems getting the money".
ANY BODY GOING TO TRAIN WITH ANY COMPANY PAY AS YOU GO AND WITH A CREDIT CARD.