PDA

View Full Version : How can i convert my korean cpl to faa

Iwannawork
1st Dec 2017, 02:25
Hi guys! im from korea.
I already asked a question to faa, but they just said,
"To get information, contact FSDO.The CPL will require a practical test and knowledge test and the FSDO office should be able to provide you any additional guidance you might need in order to obtain the certificate."

Currently i have a cpl(multi engine land fixedwing),IR,Instructor ratings and about260hrs flight time.

To convert to faa license, do i have to meet the cpl requirements from the beginning? Or they recognise my career, so i need to supplement my lack of carrers compared to faa requirments?
I wanna work abroad so i need to convert my license.
Please help me out guys.
Thank you

MarkerInbound
1st Dec 2017, 20:46
To get a FAA private certificate you can do a paperwork exercise and get the FAA private based on a foreign license. To get the FAA ATP you can use a foreign commercial license to meet the requirement to hold a commercial certificate/license. However to get a FAA commercial you must hold a FAA private certificate. You could do the part 61.75 paper shuffle to get the private, then pass the written test, get a medical and pass the checkride. Your current hours could be used to meet the requirements where ever they overlap. There is a requirement to have 3 hours instruction by a FAA CFI within 2 months of the checkride. The FAA commercial is a little odd with VFR maneuvers that may take a few hours to get to checkride standards.