PDA

View Full Version : Cat A licence experience

compsurge
30th Nov 2017, 05:50
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has the answer to this question. I've been offered a job with an American carrier at Heathrow and will be working under my A&P Licence.
I would like to finish off my EASA Cat A licence if possible.

I know that the airline operates out of Heathrow under a bilateral agreement. I've checked online and they have a foreign EASA Part 145 certificate number.

My Question is with this in mind. Would the CAA accept experience gained with this airline at Heathrow towards getting an A licence?

I have already contacted the CAA, but appreciate they are busy and I only have 2 days to accept or decline the offer.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Diesel_10
30th Nov 2017, 07:41
If the Part 145 part of the organisation has an LAE with a Part 66 licence then yes. He needs to endorse your experience in your Engineers Log .... then the QM gives you a covering letter.

compsurge
1st Dec 2017, 12:23
Thank you for your reply.

So does the part 66 licence holder have to be employed in such a position within the company? Or can it be any technician that just so happens to have a B1 licence as well?

BluFin
1st Dec 2017, 19:12
Read Part 66
AMC 66.A.30(a)

Key Points
Maintenance experience on operating aircraft: Means the experience of being involved in maintenance tasks on aircraft which are being operated by airlines, air taxi organisations, owners, etc:

May be gained within different types of maintenance organisations (Part-145, M.A. Subpart F, FAR-145, etc) or under the supervision of independent certifying staff.

As the org holds an EASA 145 approval, fine

If not the a letter from the NAA with oversight will be needed to support by letter stating the org is approved and the recommending signatory works for the company in the position stated.

Engineers should sign the logbook with the Pt 66 licence No & co stamp

compsurge
16th Jan 2018, 12:36
Sorry for the late reply and thank you for clarifying that one.