PDA

View Full Version : Legacy 600 range question

Bizjetlover
27th Nov 2017, 03:07
Hi guys any experienced pilot in the legacy 600?
My plan is the make a stretched leg from FOR (fortaleza Brazil) to RAK (Marrakech) do you know if this plane can make it? Also the other way departing from Marrakech? From what Ive searched it's 2700 nm journey.
Please share you experience

Bizjetlover
27th Nov 2017, 10:48
Hi Petrozavodsk not yet. We are getting the plane in the moment thays why I'm asking if it can do the journey I have no experience yet

galaxy flyer
27th Nov 2017, 18:36
You bought an airplane and don’t know if it can make a trip that is important? And do vital research here?

GF

atakacs
27th Nov 2017, 18:53
I'd say it's marginally doable. What kind of load do you envision?

Global Aviator
27th Nov 2017, 22:40
I’d say English not being his first language they are looking at he 600 to see if it will fit the mission.

I don’t know the 600 well but I would be cautious purchasing an aircraft that will only just fulfill your requirements, always better maybe slightly going up a step.

No doubt it depends on budget. However as stated before it is a buyers market out there, incredible deals on aircraft like the Challenger 605, operationally similar costs.

Legacy advantage yes that cabin is just awesome!

Get yourself a good broker/dealer etc and you will be amazed what’s out there.

INNflight
5th Dec 2017, 21:38
Is the destination a single runway? If so you need to consider an alternate aerodrome in case the runway is blocked. This is called "contingency" fuel.

Here I am, always thinking this was called alternate fuel. :E

Get yourself a pro, stay off forums. You're welcome.

CL300
6th Dec 2017, 07:20
Here I am, always thinking this was called alternate fuel. :E

Get yourself a pro, stay off forums. You're welcome.

Who are you to say such a thing ?? :{:eek::E

He said Contingency it is not like he mentioned 5% or 3%.
This shows really the level of knowledge banging around...And we are far from the escape route, or decompression strategies across the ocean....

Go figure..

His dudeness
6th Dec 2017, 08:50
I´m with INN on this one.

"Contingency fuel is carried to account for additional enroute fuel consumption caused by wind, routing changes or ATM restrictions. According to ICAO Annex 6, the recommended minimum contingency fuel is the greater of 5% of the trip fuel or 5 minutes holding ..."

Thats the definition I have seen in any ops I was flying.

CL300
6th Dec 2017, 09:55
I was of course giving credits to INNflight... He is 200% right..

He has the proper definition, my reply was meant to be sarcastic... The person asking is on every single site or snap in order to get the range of the Legacy... This is annoying to say the least

His dudeness
6th Dec 2017, 12:27
upps, didn`t (obviously) catch that. Sorry.

Deep and fast
6th Dec 2017, 15:59
May also be that English is a second language and he really meant additional over block min.

flyboyike
12th Dec 2017, 14:49
You bought an airplane and don’t know if it can make a trip that is important? And do vital research here?

GF

Relax, GF, he hasn't bought anything. This is at least the ninth version of the story we're getting from him. Fortaleza to Marrakech, yeah, okay...