PDA

View Full Version : Boston Logan International

captainlj
26th Nov 2017, 12:50
Afternoon folks, I don’t suppose anyone would have a contact at BOS ATC please as I’m in town next week and would love to visit.

Currently ATC Heathrow so if you can help please PM me.

😁

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
26th Nov 2017, 16:10
If all else fails, ring them when you get there. Security might have taken its toll but they are very friendly people. GL.

captainlj
26th Nov 2017, 16:42
Thanks that’s my fall back plan. Fingers crossed on the security front 👍🏼

B2N2
26th Nov 2017, 17:27
600 Control Tower
East Boston, Massachusetts 02128

Phone: 617-561-5901
Fax: 617-569-5910

I’m assuming a formal request on something with a letterhead and a phone number for verification of credentials would be very helpful.
There used to be a rule ( maybe still) that only US citizens were to be admitted at these types of facilities.

captainlj
26th Nov 2017, 20:12
I’m assuming a formal request on something with a letterhead and a phone number for verification of credentials would be very helpful.
There used to be a rule ( maybe still) that only US citizens were to be admitted at these types of facilities.

Thanks,

I have all the above ready just incase.

cossack
26th Nov 2017, 20:49
We can't even get a visit from north of the border on an organized fam, so you'll probably be out of luck.

captainlj
26th Nov 2017, 21:09
We can't even get a visit from north of the border on an organized fam, so you'll probably be out of luck.

Oh really, that’s a shame as we always accommodate visitors from fellow ATC units if we can. I’ll just have to enjoy the big city even more ! :)

AyrTC
26th Nov 2017, 21:50
Managed a visit 25 years ago. It was quite interesting, APC ( Tracon ) hated the TWR. TWR and TRACON hated the Centre, mainly because they were out of town and could afford a house! It was just like any other ATC unit.
The technical question they wanted to know the answer to was “is it true you drink warm beer in the U.K?”

VectorMe
26th Nov 2017, 22:08
If you are a foreign national, don't count on a "drop by and visit".
Hasn't been that was since, well ... 2001.

FAA has specific guidance for such visits ... google for FAA INTERNATIONAL VISITOR PROGRAM.

Rwy1234
26th Nov 2017, 22:32
Oh really, that’s a shame as we always accommodate visitors from fellow ATC units if we can. I’ll just have to enjoy the big city even more ! :)

Not quite “always accommodating visitors from fellow ATC units”. Soon after ANS got Gatwick it was impossible for ANS ATCOs to visit Heathrow, it may have changed more recently now that wounds have started to heel.:}

cossack
26th Nov 2017, 22:50
A phone call is all it takes here too. Boston's great even without a tower tour.

eagleflyer
27th Nov 2017, 07:29
I visited NORCAL TRACON last year. I called ahead, emailed them my details and was background checked. After that it was no problem to visit and actually a very pleasant experience. You need to allow for a few weeks of processing though.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
27th Nov 2017, 09:16
My wife (girlfriend then) viited a number of US ATC facilities back in the 60s. Recall visiting Niagara Falls Tower. As soon as we introduced ourselves one of the working controllers took his car keys out of his pocket and tossed them to us: "It's yours for a few days!" That's what I call being friendly!

elcrusoe
27th Nov 2017, 23:11
Sadly this process needs to be done well ahead of time. For international visitors the paper work should be collected and given at least 15 days to process the request. The facility must fill out the paperwork and send it to D.C for evaluation(aka background check etc). But well you can always call and see what they say....trust me the workforce would love to meet foreign controllers it is just really a painful process.