PDA

View Full Version : Airframe delivery times - F8X, G650, BD7000

Klimax
26th Nov 2017, 10:56
Any current information about airframe delivery times, from signing order to delivery at factory, of Falcon 8X, G650, Global 7000.

Thank you.

Global Aviator
26th Nov 2017, 22:58
Many ways around delivery times if you have the correct sources......

Current waitlists would be very long!

Petropavlovsk
27th Nov 2017, 03:48
Wait time can very much depend on how many $$$ you throw at the project. Pay full retail, we have your attention!!! chase discounts and we keep you for the quite times. Fact of life!

Klimax
27th Nov 2017, 08:56
Ok, fair enough, I actually didn't know the manufactures played these little games. Lets just say full retail price for the mentioned airframes. Thanks for your replies.

galaxy flyer
27th Nov 2017, 14:42
The OEMs have a “skyline” of production planned for a type. You come in, negotiate a deal for price and are given an expected delivery date. You rarely are given production number X, just an expected date. The “skyline” has some reserved numbers which are subject to dealing. Come in saying you need the plane soon and, for a price in the deal, they maybe able to make it happen.

GF

Klimax
27th Nov 2017, 14:51
GF, good to know. Thank you. Would you also know what purchasing at advertised retail price would mean in terms of delivery times for the mentioned aircraft(s), in the current market. Thank you.

galaxy flyer
27th Nov 2017, 16:26
No, purely a day-to-day thing. Depends a lot on how willing you are to compromise on options, interior and what’s in production. For the G650, probably could make a deal for 90 day delivery. Not sure about the 8X, the G7000 doesn’t begin EIS until late next year. The first 20-30 are probably not available as locked in buyers. I’ve seen deals made where delivery was dependent on crew training, but that’s a completed plane, no changes.

GF

Klimax
27th Nov 2017, 18:07
GF, great additional info. Many thanks.

Global Aviator
27th Nov 2017, 22:43
Don’t forget you can always buy an initial slot from someone who has one, of course for a premium in most cases.

Klimax
28th Nov 2017, 10:45
GA, I don't think this is an option for a Gulfstream, if that's what it landed on. Not sure if this is an option for the Falcons?

roybert
28th Nov 2017, 13:26
GA, I don't think this is an option for a Gulfstream, if that's what it landed on. Not sure if this is an option for the Falcons?
Everything is available if you throw enough money on the table.

galaxy flyer
28th Nov 2017, 13:56
The OEMs love trying to prevent buyers from turning around and making a deal. Accent on trying. There are several G650s barely used for sale.

GF

noneya
28th Nov 2017, 15:43
At Gulfstream you can not sell you position, per the contract, until you take delivery from GAC.

So no, you can't buy someones position out no matter how much money you "throw on the table". You can only buy the aircraft from someone after they take delivery. If someone defaults then it is offered to clients with current positions that have a stipulation in their contract that says they want an earlier slot if it comes available.

I have taken delivery of 3 new Gulfstreams in the last 5 years and this is fact.

j

Klimax
28th Nov 2017, 15:53
At Gulfstream you can not sell you position, per the contract, until you take delivery from GAC.

So no, you can't buy someones position out no matter how much money you "throw on the table". You can only buy the aircraft from someone after they take delivery. If someone defaults then it is offered to clients with current positions that have a stipulation in their contract that says they want an earlier slot if it comes available.

I have taken delivery of 3 new Gulfstreams in the last 5 years and this is fact.

j

And this is also what I’ve seen in effect on G650s.

galaxy flyer
28th Nov 2017, 21:12
So, make a back room deal thru a broker, take delivery, walk over to the nearby hotel and sell your brand new G650 to the ultimate buyer. It happens and the contract probably won’t stop it.

GF

josephfeatherweight
29th Nov 2017, 11:27
There are people that get around this using ALL sorts of methods...

mutt
29th Nov 2017, 16:33
Someone I chatted to on the ramp did that with a 650, took delivery and flipped it for a $10m profit.