PDA

View Full Version : Leather Jacket Name Badges

Lowkey
24th Nov 2017, 09:02
All,

Apologies for a random question but can anyone help with a contact for RAF Leather Jacket Name Badges please. Managed to misplace my one.

The normal location 'www.flying-jacket.com' is circa £35 and not available until after Xmas.

Looking for other options..

Many Thanks

BEagle
24th Nov 2017, 09:16
The only source I know is from Aviation Leathercraft at https://www.flying-jacket.com/jackets/mod-approved-jackets/mod-approved-pattern-jacket/ . E-mail them for details of the 'Identity Brevet - Detachable name brevet with embossed name and rank if required and cast pewter RAF wings.'

They made up some bespoke 'squadron' versions for a batch of 101 Sqn orders many years ago - I don't know if they still do.

In those days their products were rather better than their admin....

Wander00
24th Nov 2017, 14:21
Strangely met the guy who runs Aviation Leathercraft at the commemoration of a wartime crash in France. One of his relatives was lost in the crash

Brain Potter
24th Nov 2017, 17:49
Pop’s Leather ?

http://www.popsleather.com/prod_v2.php3?prod=242

heights good
3rd Dec 2017, 04:56
Or you could save what little is left of your dignity and lose the jacket as well :E:O

HG

Lowkey
3rd Dec 2017, 07:12
Or you could save what little is left of your dignity and lose the jacket as well :E:O

HG

Spoken like a true SH warrior!!

Regardless the more refined FW pilots do like to wear this stylish item.;)

heights good
3rd Dec 2017, 07:28
Regardless the more refined FW pilots do like to wear this stylish item.;)

Said no-one, ever! :)

iRaven
3rd Dec 2017, 08:54
HG

Is that not because a large spattering of RW aircrew are closet pongos? :E

Seriously, I can see why SH mates wouldn’t wear one much instead of the PCS jacket in lieu of the awful cold weather jacket. However, it doesn’t half look scruffy!

iRaven

seanbean
4th Dec 2017, 00:08
Rumour has it that once you've memorised your name, You are allowed to take the badge off....

NutLoose
4th Dec 2017, 15:44
Are you sure Front is your name and not an instruction?

While you are awaiting them making up your bespoke badge, perhaps you could get them to run up a temporary one for your jacket with "Intentionally blank" on it, thus allowing people to know there is a reason why you have no badge..

:E

Wander00
4th Dec 2017, 17:03
NL - I am glad my coffee cup is on another table!

seanbean
5th Dec 2017, 01:03
"Error 404"....