PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Please Advise(vision Aviation)

Desert Eagle
18th Jul 2002, 14:03
Hi

I have just visited the Visiton Aviation website to obtain information regarding the PPL sponsorship scheme, I noticed the selection process states that that aeronautical and aviation knowledge will be tested.

I have been trying to obtain the finance for the PPL, but have been unsuccessfull. Any money I have from a part time jobe goes towards my university studies.

I have recently realised my dream of becoming a commercial pilot via the modular route.

A lot of my time has been spent studying and as i have not been able to raise the finance for a PPL I took the liberty of obtaining a JAA/CAA Class 2 medical for the furture.

At the moment I have very little aviation knowledge and am not clued up, I decided i would clue up when I had completed my degree and approach banks for finance.

However, as this VISION SPONSORSHIP has turned up, I would like to ask.

DO I STAND A HOPE IN HELL OF SECURING A PPL SPONSORSHIP WITH VISION AVIATION?

Sorry if it was a bit long winded!!
:D :D

jasonjdr
18th Jul 2002, 14:42
I have recently realised my dream of becoming a commercial pilot via the modular route.

The above quote indicates that you have obtained your CPL via the modular route? But the rest of the message makes me believe that this is what your eventual goal is?? Well, thats what I'll assume.

Firstly, I suggest you search for info on Vision Aviation in the Wannabes forum using the search facility above. There is some interesting reading on Vision Aviation.

!Vision Aviation Thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56685&perpage=15&highlight=vision%20aviation&pagenumber=2)

Secondly, and in answer to your question, don't know. How bad do you want it?? As with any potential sponsor, they will only want to hand out their cash to individuals who have a 'passion' for what you want to do i.e. aviation. They will not expect you to be upto to ATPL standards, but they will expect you to know what it stands for? :D Go to the library and pick up a few books on private flying (I can't recommend any off the top of my head. But I'm sure someone else can if you ask around here), and gen up. If you start reading the PPL stuff now then you will be better prepared for the course, and stand a better chance of answering interview q's and gaining a sponsorship.

Good luck