PDA

View Full Version : Are you listening AT and RH...?

Trafalgar
17th Nov 2017, 22:38
More evidence that our management don't see that the light at the end of their tunnel is the proverbial freight train. Feel free to add links to other similar articles.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Pilot-shortage-grounds-more-flights-at-Japan-s-Air-Do?utm_source=paid.outbrain.com&utm_campaign=BA%20HK&utm_medium=referral

Trafalgar
17th Nov 2017, 22:45
Just one quote from the above:

The Asia-Pacific region faces an especially dire problem, forecast to require some 230,000 pilots in 2030 -- more than quadruple the number seen in 2010. Pilots in Asia are expected to account for 23% of the global tally in 2030, up from 11% in 2010.

Average Fool
18th Nov 2017, 00:07
Now now, have a little confidence in your skilled directors can you?

They obviously have it under control.

“Our resignation rate and early retirement rate … are both a very manageable and in the appropriate range as we continue with our plans to recruit, train, and retain the appropriate mix of skilled pilots to meet our growth plans,” a Cathay Pacific spokeswoman said.

Shep69
18th Nov 2017, 00:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmlnltVzksg

'course when they get called into the 'dean' in London as a result of their huge error to view their performance,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKS0GVvoE9I

Toruk Macto
18th Nov 2017, 01:08
Swire don’t seem too interested in what it might be like in the aviation industry in 2030 .

Trafalgar
18th Nov 2017, 01:09
You notice that to huh...?

checklistcomplete
18th Nov 2017, 06:07
Why would any management be worried about pilot staffing levels when it's mission is to sell out and run ?

Frogman1484
18th Nov 2017, 09:20
They will be long gone before 2030...probably by next March AT will be running the gay pride games or some other social justice project....i can tell you that DFO is not in her immidiate future.

ChinaBeached
20th Nov 2017, 13:22
I’m curious....listen to what exactly? The same rhetoric of a pilot shortage that’s been threatened for 15+ years yet never borne fruit? The same “supply vs demand” theory that will see airlines pay more yet the complete opposite has happened? The same “we’ll show them” BS when the whimper is worth less than the calories spent typing the anonymous threats? Each & every one of you sat back & watched C Scale roll in. You thought “I’m alright Jack” so let the others bear the burden. Now as if by some North Star shining brighter through the HK smog you see some attack on your T&C’s you can’t fathom where it came from? The spiked hair brigade are your bosses. They’ve swept in your future while you held the door open thinking the wind won’t reach your bedroom.

A few mooted a training ban but your AOA did nothing. And stop whining about the labor laws in HK. If you weren’t aware of them after 1994 let alone the Recruitment Ban & still joined then how the hell do you expect sympathies? Read Warham’s book? I doubt it. It has foretold everything yet you all thought you’re immune. Each of you should buy Warham a beer. Not out of sympathy but to apologise for being so ignorant.

So I’m still curios, exactly what must your bosses pay attention to? They’ll fill your experienced seats with McDonalds frier dropouts because they can. Because you sat back & allowed it. A mass walk out? Yeah right. A picket line in the streets? HA! CX have already won the media & popular opinion vote by a pre-planned attack. The SCMP & social media is littered with CX management’s sympathies. And the AOA are still shaking their heads wondering “But I thought C Cale wouldn’t affect me?”

They’re not listening because you’ve bugger all to say. Least of all the kahoonas to act.

checklistcomplete
20th Nov 2017, 16:45
ChinaB

You make some fair points there. Can't argue with them and don't want to.

Brown Nose
20th Nov 2017, 19:19
I hate to say it, but as a generalisation, for most CX pilots, you are correct

A3301FD
21st Nov 2017, 02:50
1–800-Truck-driver

BlunderBus
21st Nov 2017, 17:27
‘Beached’ yep totally agree with you..
Well said.

CYRILJGROOVE
21st Nov 2017, 23:24
Never talked to so many pilots who actually have applications in with airlines you normally wouldn’t have considered in the past. If they get offers they will go. Senior pilots are opting to retire early. What is the point hanging around in HKG hardly surviving on the money, archaic rostering, pathetic training system, being unappreciated and actively put down by management as overpaid whilst they pig out out the bonus trough at our expense.

The training system is overloaded providing our competitors with ready to go pilots.

You wouldn’t believe it if you didn’t see it with your own eyes, pilots are choosing to cut and run from the most senior to the most junior.

salad dodging
21st Nov 2017, 23:33
It is an enormous shame to see a once great airline reduced to being the "Ryanair of Asia" . With the current DFO determined to drive this Company over a cliff the pilots are refusing to hold her hand on the way down.

Flex88
22nd Nov 2017, 01:17
And prepping for the "Rainbow Games" so that CX is ready to handle the crush of pax bookings...

Avinthenews
22nd Nov 2017, 01:46
I'm guessing DP is the one driving all of this, AT is the figure head to keep us distracted while DP goes about making a name for himself.

Freehills
22nd Nov 2017, 09:59
Could be. AT is unlikely to rise any further, whereas DP is a thrusting & ambitious exec with eyes on the prize

checklistcomplete
23rd Nov 2017, 08:15
AT won't be listening, she is too busy renaming the Friday Lyer.

Wednesday Wind Up