PDA

View Full Version : FAA AME UK

cambioso
17th Nov 2017, 13:52
Please can anyone recommend an FAA AME in the UK?
Many thanks,
Jez.

stickjoc
17th Nov 2017, 14:19
Aviation Medica at STN

winkwink
17th Nov 2017, 18:11
The best. DAVID CRANSTON. Harpenden. Friendly, efficient. Everyone I've recommended him to has thanked me.

Lucky8888
18th Nov 2017, 01:14
This may help.

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator/

specialbrew
19th Nov 2017, 14:28
The best. DAVID CRANSTON. Harpenden. Friendly, efficient. Everyone I've recommended him to has thanked me.

Now retired unfortunately..... have used him for over 25 years! Top bloke....

custardpsc
20th Nov 2017, 09:29
Frank Voeten is probably a good choice if you are in banbury. He is excellent.

Sepp
20th Nov 2017, 09:43
Dr. Voeten's site says he's on extended leave and points to Dr. Mike Fonso for EASA medicals. Dr. Fonso's site doesn't mention FAA medicals.

cambioso
20th Nov 2017, 16:27
Yes, Frank V has done my medicals for the last 10 years. He is on extended leave at the mo' hence my request.
I couldn't make the FAA website search function work. It always came up with 0 results even if I searched the UK as a whole.
Dr Cranston would have been 2nd choice, but he has stopped as well!
If I can't find one in the South of England, I may have to use the Doc in Jersey recommended to me.
A bit of a pain, but luckily, my FAA Medical doesn't run out until Jan '18. Usually I leave (or forget!) until the last minute.....I can't imagine what went wrong to make me try and arrange/search so early!!
Thanks for all of your replies.
Jez.

Maltese Falcon
20th Nov 2017, 17:47
I can heartily recommend John Pitts. I’ve been going to him for years for my EASA class 1 but he also does FAA. He normally only does one day a week, from a clinic in central London. If you search “John Pitts pilot medicals”, you’ll find him.

BizJetJock
20th Nov 2017, 19:00
Or there's Aviation Medical Services at Gatwick. Not terribly convenient but gets it done. I just did the same searching last month.
www.avmed.org.uk

MungoP
21st Nov 2017, 06:32
Ian Ramsey at Gloucester so very easy from the M5. Only downside is he has no aviation background so everything by the book.

Phororhacos
21st Nov 2017, 08:05
I couldn't make the FAA website search function work. It always came up with 0 results even if I searched the UK as a whole.

This link seems to work for me, as a search for FAA UK based AMEs but it may be time limited. Interestingly it is blank for a few seconds then populates with names.

https://designee.faa.gov/NonFaaSecure/SearchResultList/SearchResultList?designeeTypeId=20

Edited to say that it didn't work the morning after posting.

MikePapa
21st Nov 2017, 09:34
If Aviation Medica at Stansted is not too out of the way, then Dr Peter Orton is an FAA examiner there.

Bear in mind also that FAA meds run to the end of the month, not to an exact date.

Pressure Error
21st Nov 2017, 15:33
Ian Ramsey at Gloucester so very easy from the M5. Only downside is he has no aviation background so everything by the book.

Dr Ramsey has had his PPL for many years and flys regularly.

MungoP
21st Nov 2017, 20:28
Dr Ramsey has had his PPL for many years and flys regularly.

Quite possible but that doesn't add up to an aviation background.. He's no doubt an excellent ex NHS doctor with an interest in aviation. My understanding from two colleagues is that he's relatively new to professional aviation though they may be in error, I've not had any personal contact with Dr Ramsey.