PDA

View Full Version : Midair Collision Near Waddesdon

Pages : 1 [2]

Whopity
22nd Nov 2017, 19:23
Is there a mechanism under EASA for the UK CAA to make it a requirement under a variation for 60 AoB turns and practice collision avoidanceOnly NPA, where you can propose a change then wait 4 years to see what happens. The UK cannot unilaterally add to the regulation.

Basil
23rd Nov 2017, 09:54
Don't know if this has been added already:
Local paper comment with crew pics. (http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/15677189.___His_light_will_forever_shine_in_our_hearts_like_ a_candle_in_the_wind_____Air_crash_victims____heartbroken_fa milies_pay_tribute/?ref=mr&lp=2)

Frying Pan
23rd Nov 2017, 09:58
Really? How many degrees do we want to train at to be 'safe'.

These guys didn't see each other, isn't that the point?

Duchess_Driver
23rd Nov 2017, 11:26
Is there a mechanism under EASA for the UK CAA to make it a requirement under a variation for 60 AoB turns and practice collision avoidance

Don't forget, what is stated in the AMCs, GM and Part FCL are the minimum requirements. Each course COULD contain more stringent requirements should the training provider write it into the approved course documentation. So long as you include all the bits stated there is no reason whatsoever for the CA to reject either the course design or any application for licence issue which completed that course.

Sadly though, there aren't that many ATO's that would design a 60hour PPL course!

helispeediii
2nd Dec 2017, 11:44
god bless they did not make them any better helispeed iii

SASless
2nd Dec 2017, 15:25
These guys didn't see each other, isn't that the point?

That was the immediate cause I suppose....but there are a lot of factors that play into the traffic conflict occurring that need to be considered as well.

I understand your point....what in heavens name does teaching steep turns and training syllabus standards have to do with this at all.

Rather than evoke an argument about that....lets focus on likely causes, the reason for those factors, and how the situation in that particular bit of airspace be improved so that we never have a repeat of this tragedy where some vey good people sadly lost their lives.

This is something that can happen to any of us.

Helinut
3rd Dec 2017, 10:49
I was very sad to hear of this accident and in particular Mike’s involvement. I have spent many hours flying in the WAP local training area. It was always a hot spot: eyes on stalks as much as you could.

If there is to be a public memorial service or similar for Mike (for friends rather than just close family), I wonder if someone could post here to advise us. I would very much like to attend, if I can

paco
3rd Dec 2017, 11:05
I think pretty much half the helicopter industry would like to do that.

Maff
3rd Dec 2017, 18:20
From what I understand Mikes funeral will be held in the early new year. I am sure details will be posted if the family wish for friends to attend, which I am sure they will.

flight beyond sight
4th Dec 2017, 16:00
once we know we will post it here
At the moment we are looking at mid January
leon

rotarywise
24th Dec 2017, 21:57
What a shame that you should choose to denigrate such an honourable marque with such a crass, insensitive and ill-informed comment. Do you intend to remain a total arsehole for all of your life?

Duchess_Driver
25th Dec 2017, 09:36
What a shame that you should choose to denigrate such an honourable marque with such a crass, insensitive and ill-informed comment. Do you intend to remain a total arsehole for all of your life?

Sorry, but my detective skills are a little lacking this morning....would you care to elaborate on which crass comment and who, in your humble opinion, is an arsehole?

airpolice
25th Dec 2017, 09:57
Sorry, but my detective skills are a little lacking this morning....would you care to elaborate on which crass comment and who, in your humble opinion, is an arsehole?

Hear hear.

Cows getting bigger
25th Dec 2017, 10:34
Gents, lets just pause and have a thought about Mike today?

toptobottom
25th Dec 2017, 15:10
Gents, lets just pause and have a thought about Mike today?

Agreed.
I suspect Mr. Mod has deleted an inappropriate, drunken post. Let’s ignore all that and raise a glass to Mike and his family, who will be missing a true gentlemen this Christmas.

Duchess_Driver
25th Dec 2017, 21:50
And naturally, thoughts with the families, friends and employers of the other 3 victims of the tragedy.

28th Dec 2017, 08:35
Sorry, but my detective skills are a little lacking this morning....would you care to elaborate on which crass comment and who, in your humble opinion, is an arsehole? It was a post made and subsequently removed but I can't remember who posted it - it was crass as well as inaccurate.