PDA

View Full Version : Ex-BA flight attendant sues for £750,000 after trauma of engine fire

t1grm
14th Nov 2017, 21:55
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/exbritish-airways-flight-attendant-sues-for-750000-after-trauma-of-engine-fire-a3690751.html

G-CPTN
14th Nov 2017, 22:15
Only doing her job.

lomapaseo
15th Nov 2017, 00:40
Only doing her job.

and ensuring her retirement stipend

I'm loosing my hearing after hours on active flight lines holding conversations.

How much can I sue for?

Ex Cargo Clown
15th Nov 2017, 01:17
I'm sueing for signing off flights I'd be possibly liable for if something went wrong. The nights I could not sleep...

Harry Wayfarers
15th Nov 2017, 01:22
“Ms Sargeant initially perceived this as the most wonderful job,”

Ah, so that's why they are consistently going on strike, because it's such a wonderful job and they are enjoying themselves so much!

crewmeal
15th Nov 2017, 05:30
Which contract was she on I wonder!

B2N2
15th Nov 2017, 05:56
Was the engine fire due to any negligence on the side of BA?
Why is she scorned and ridiculed here?
Expected wages till retirement?

Bergerie1
15th Nov 2017, 07:49
Another snowflake?

PC767
15th Nov 2017, 15:13
BA had previously admitted liability. I believe she has settled ‘on the steps’ for £115k.

Old King Coal
15th Nov 2017, 18:17
One trusts that the young lady in question will have her Cabin Crew Attestation forever marked with the letters LMF (Lack of Moral Fibre)? And one further hopes that BA (in particular) and other airlines (in general) will blacklist her for future travel as a passenger, as they wouldn't want her freaking out from PTSD or some such, now would they?

LookingForAJob
16th Nov 2017, 17:46
Was the engine fire due to any negligence on the side of BA?Well......the events leading to the engine fire flight are not exactly BA's finest hour!

But the claim made through the court does seem to be taking the p just a little.

atakacs
16th Nov 2017, 17:57
I'm sorry try but this is complete nonsense. Our society is just in a complete tailspin :{

B2N2
16th Nov 2017, 18:20
I'm sorry try but this is complete nonsense. Our society is just in a complete tailspin :{

I don't agree with you.

BA had previously admitted liability

There..... settled.

crewmeal
17th Nov 2017, 05:59
BA had previously admitted liability. I believe she has settled ‘on the steps’ for £115k.

If this is true then it will no doubt open the 'floodgates' for further claims in future. Certainly not BA's finest hour.

ImageGear
11th Dec 2017, 07:33
On the basis of this settlement every other passenger and crew member is entitled make a claim. Have they been advised of this outcome?. Perhaps the "front and back office" people may want to decide if they are ready for retirement since it would almost certainly result from pushing a claim. Ah, the statute of limitations has expired, fancy that.

Imagegear

Il Vero Padrino
7th Jan 2018, 13:24
It strikes me that if there was indeed complete panic on board she and her colleagues were failing to do their job properly, and if she really thought she was about to die, she was so unaware professionally that she was incompetent. Added to which, she may well have communicated her fear to others, and in so doing have started or at least contributed to the panic.

Perhaps BA should counter-sue her, or even another crew-member or passenger could do so, for causing unnecessary fear.

I don't blame BA for settling quickly and quietly to avoid further damage, but it's a pity that today's litiginous world made that their best course of action.

crewmeal
7th Jan 2018, 14:27
She and others like it would do well to remember 'Whiskey Echo' What a brave crew they were.

Stewardess recalls the BOAC Flight 712 fire at Heathrow - Birmingham Post (http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/local-news/stewardess-recalls-boac-flight-712-3961239)

GotTheTshirt
8th Jan 2018, 14:27
From The AAIB report !!
The report said: "It is unclear when or how the passengers attempted to draw this to the attention of the cabin crew, or indeed which cabin crew members were involved, but it is evidence from photographs and passenger reports that the fuel leak was clearly visible through the cabin windows.

"Despite these cues, information regarding the fuel leak was not assimilated by the cabin crew and not passed to the flight crew as required."